Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
$3.359 at my local Costco.
$2.759 at the local Costco today.
Almost $1.50 per gallon difference between here and California ...
Good enough to NOT be in Cali.
Harshness’ avatar says Oregon, not California. Bobby’s in CA and he reported even more of a price difference from our Midwestern gas prices at $4.39/gal :eeek

I just checked our local Kroger’s and Speedway stations, $3.27/gal here. I’m not sure what our area Costco is posting for their Regular pricing.

Reactions: TheKrell
Harshness’ avatar says Oregon, not California. Bobby’s in CA and he reported even more of a price difference from our Midwestern gas prices at $4.39/gal :eeek
A big part of that has to do with proximity to refineries and for the West Coast, most of them are in California (three or four in the greater SF Bay Area) so that's no excuse.

The federal gas taxes are the same for everyone at 18.1 cents/gallon (24.4 cents/gallon on diesel).

Oregon charges a 38 cent/gallon excise tax for gasoline, diesel and gasohol. There is no sales tax in Oregon. The wildcard is that in some jurisdictions there may be local gas taxes. Portland has a 10 cent/gallon local gas tax. Eugene is 5 cents/gallon.

California charges a 51.1 cents/gallon excise tax on gas (93.08 cents/gallon on diesel). California charges a 2.25% sales tax on gasoline (9.25% on diesel) so that's a small difference.

California also has some subsidies built into their gasoline pricing:
  • Low Carbon Gas Programs: 22 cents per gallon
  • Greenhouse Gas Programs: 15 cents per gallon
  • Underground Tank Storage: 2 cents per gallon
So there's a good chunk of change hidden in gubmint programs.

• Wow
harshness, I really believe Jimbo meant to quote Bobby’s post, not yours, given the $1.50 difference he quoted instead of the 60¢ difference between his Costco and your posted price.

$2.80 for ethanol and $2.90 for non-ethanol at a local gas station
Well, that's a lot better ratio than I saw with my flex-fuel 300. Back then, ethanol cost much more than gas, which, when combined with 30% less energy density, made it distinctly unappealing despite being semi-green. Now, my new 300 doesn't even have the flex-fuel option any longer. :crying

I just checked our local Kroger’s and Speedway stations, $3.27/gal here. I’m not sure what our area Costco is posting for their Regular pricing.
I gave up on Krogers, I get thier points when shopping there, but everytime I need gas, thier prices are a good 5-10 cents more than the rest, so what I save in points doesn't come close to breaking even, so why bother.

Now my Sister on the other hand, uses Krogers gas every week, but she gets from 50 to a dollar off per gallon when she goes in.

Reactions: Foxbat
Well, that's a lot better ratio than I saw with my flex-fuel 300. Back then, ethanol cost much more than gas, which, when combined with 30% less energy density, made it distinctly unappealing despite being semi-green. Now, my new 300 doesn't even have the flex-fuel option any longer. :crying
This is for gas with 10% ethanol, not ethanol gas. I use the non-ethanol in my generator.

Reactions: dfergie
This is for gas with 10% ethanol, not ethanol gas. I use the non-ethanol in my generator.
As should anyone who expects their generator to run. I use non-ethanol in all of my small engines that might not be used for more than a couple weeks. It is much cheaper than repeatedly replacing carburetors. Some of the new plastic carbs may not be so fraught with alcohol problems but the metal ones are too often eaten alive.

Reactions: Foxbat and dfergie
Still the same price here in northern VA. But yesterday I drove up to Berwick, PA and found numerous gas stations in fairly rural PA offering regular at $3.15.

My local Costco is $3.559. I paid $3.759 for premium. I suppose I should point out that this is mini-serve since not everyone knows that Oregon only allows self-serve in very limited situations.

My nearby conventional stations are asking upward of $3.78 for regular.