Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I noticed nationwide the news is reporting a majority of the reason for the increase in cost is refinery problems locally.
The "problem" being that they shut down all the refineries at once -- as if they had crews to work on all of them at once.

There is a very high probability that this is a contrived "problem" that could have been avoided while saving the refineries money on manpower and equipment required to conduct the maintenance.

The "problem" being that they shut down all the refineries at once -- as if they had crews to work on all of them at once.

There is a very high probability that this is a contrived "problem" that could have been avoided while saving the refineries money on manpower and equipment required to conduct the maintenance.
I was forced out of the military with Hodgkins I returned a few years later as a DOD Civil Servant. Between I worked for one of the BIG oil companies. I saw them stuffing service stations to create a shortage at the refinery. And seen them as you say all go down at the same time for maintenance and conversion to winter blends. I have heard station owners complain to me the company was forcing them to set the price sometimes at a loss! They by the way make little to nothing on the gas it's all about the snacks! We all knew the price was going up when we started stuffing tanks! The games they play is outright criminal!

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell and Bobby
Last Monday I filled up our motorhome's 95 gallon tank (only needed 73 gallons) at the Pilot station off I-88 exit 25 near Rotterdam, NY. The posted price was $3.49 for regular gas, $3.39 with my myRewards membership. While we were there, a Pilot tanker was filling their underground tanks, and I fully expected to see a price increase when I checked the Pilot app a few minutes go. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was still holding at $3.49. I'll be stopping there again in about 10 days, so maybe it'll hang in there until then.

Reactions: TheKrell
Last Monday I filled up our motorhome's 95 gallon tank (only needed 73 gallons) at the Pilot station off I-88 exit 25 near Rotterdam, NY. The posted price was $3.49 for regular gas, $3.39 with my myRewards membership. While we were there, a Pilot tanker was filling their underground tanks, and I fully expected to see a price increase when I checked the Pilot app a few minutes go. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was still holding at $3.49. I'll be stopping there again in about 10 days, so maybe it'll hang in there until then.
Pilot has big buying power so I would expect them to be able to keep a steadier price. I burn diesel and have a 100 gallon tank in the back. I buy fuel every three months. I need to fill up soon.

Pilot has big buying power so I would expect them to be able to keep a steadier price. I burn diesel and have a 100 gallon tank in the back. I buy fuel every three months. I need to fill up soon.
Pilot has their own refineries also. I'm sure that doesn't hurt their pricing either.

Do you have the Pilot myRewards app? They currently offer members 10 cents off a gallon until the end of October. The Visa card I use to pay also gives me a 5% cash rebate.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Pilot has their own refineries also. I'm sure that doesn't hurt their pricing either.

Do you have the Pilot myRewards app? They currently offer members 10 cents off a gallon until the end of October. The Visa card I use to pay also gives me a 5% cash rebate.
I do but rarely get to use it. I am 50 miles one was to the nearest one. I wish Costco would sell diesel. I have a station the owner still knows me from my trucking days. It so happens to be one of the terrorists of 9/11. I got into a argument with him the week before 9/11. They rebranded the station from Texico to Shell and put in a new owner who is a fantastic family man. His son runs it now. I couldn't beat the price he gives me it for.

Reactions: NYDutch
I do but rarely get to use it. I am 50 miles one was to the nearest one. I wish Costco would sell diesel. I have a station the owner still knows me from my trucking days. It so happens to be one of the terrorists of 9/11. I got into a argument with him the week before 9/11. They rebranded the station from Texico to Shell and put in a new owner who is a fantastic family man. His son runs it now. I couldn't beat the price he gives me it for.

• Wow
  • Sad
My Costco had diesel for $5.99...

$5.99 at Costco.... up, up, and away!

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.25.08 AM.png

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
$5.99 at Costco.... up, up, and away!
Costco is $4.959 here and is being beaten by a number of name brand stations (there's a couple of 76s asking $4.199 cash and others in between).

Seems like there's a case to be made for a formal investigation. My sister watched the price at Exxon go up 50 cents twice in three days in the Southern Bay.

$3.29 and sort of stable here in SC. What matters is the future cost of gas after the midterms and our half empty national reserve.