Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I think it is since it goes bonkers whether I use my Azbox Ultra or my TBS6922SE. Every once in a while the limits settings change and sometimes the PowerTech Gbox will slam against the limits before returning to the sat that I selected. It happens with either receiver. I have a Powermax Vbox-X laying around doing nothing so I guess I'll give it a try. Hopefully, the Gbox will be a simple repair.

what SW are you running on the Ultra .... factory or Enigma2? The factory software has a bug where it sets a limit accidentally after doing a blind scan. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/azbox-diseqc-1-2-error-during-blindscan.345231/#post-3590673
is your AZ slaved to the 6922 or vice versa? or on separate dishes?

Nope, they're not slaved. I'm trying to change over to the TBS6922SE so I can retire the Ultra. The Ultra has the last know factory firmware installed (0.9.5402). The TBS6922SE has the latest firmware.

I did a reset on the unit because there are times when the dish is moved to either limit and stops rather than on the selected sat. Rebooting the PC had no effect and neither did a power reset of the Gbox. If this doesn't fix it then I'll go through the hassle of installing the old Vbox-X (hopefully I can find the remote for it). Too bad I can't pan the dish with the pcie card. The pcie software requires that you program the mover and then use those positions to manually set up the Kaffeine sat positions to move to those positions. Hopefully I can find some software to make this easier. I need to look at the updatelee software solution again and see if I can make that work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)