GBox V4000 with Polarator control

GBox V4000 with Polarator control

• Yes, I am definitely interested, count me in.

Votes: 73 70.2%
  • No, I have no use for it.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 27 26.0%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
I just want to have an idea how many of you will be interested in the NEW "under development" DiSEQC positioner Sadoun GBox V4000 with built-in polarator control ? This will give us an idea on the demand out there.

Long as it isn't 150.00...count me in. I expect to pay a little more because of the extra parts and such required...:up

Count me in too, but I'm like Stogie, there's a difference between price offset for add'l features and being overpriced because of add'l features. Got an estimated price 'window' for such a lil' jewel Sadoun?

depends on the price point - my friend that I have in mind for that device could use a better FTA receiver (the one I selected for him was because it had polarotor connectors on the back to control his Corotor II).

If polarotor servo could be done through a positioner, then I could get him a better FTA receiver and have the GBOX control the dish positioning and polarity parts of operation.

I would be a good thing for those who need it. Whats kinda funny how satellite tv is going back to it's roots. Were back to separate boxes for dish movement, receivers and polarity. Soon will see hand cranks and antenna rotors like in the beginning.

You know what you should look into is a hand crank that works with the small ku dishes. There may be a market for that. This would be for the guy who 99% of the time sits on one satellite like G-18 for RTN but every once in a while may want to move the dish for an afternoon of some special event. I'll bet if they were cheap enough you would have quite a few takers.

I would be a good thing for those who need it. Whats kinda funny how satellite tv is going back to it's roots. Were back to separate boxes for dish movement, receivers and polarity. Soon will see hand cranks and antenna rotors like in the beginning.

You know what you should look into is a hand crank that works with the small ku dishes. There may be a market for that. This would be for the guy who 99% of the time sits on one satellite like G-18 for RTN but every once in a while may want to move the dish for an afternoon of some special event. I'll bet if they were cheap enough you would have quite a few takers.

Agreed on all points.

Besides a handcrank azimiuth adjustment being a cool idea, a piece of all-thread, coupla brackets w/nuts and a knob (ala BJU dish) makes a great elevation adjuster, and the cost would be minimal.

As far as this new unit that Sadoun is trying to gauge interest in goes, I recommend all members (that have any interest whatsoever) too vote early...and vote often (I think tvropro & Lak7 may be from the Chicagoland area, maybe they can give us some pointers on doing just that ;) ).

Yes, keep voting because the more interest we get, the faster our factory development team will work. It is a matter of economies of scale.

As far as price, it depends on the volume produced to satisfy the demand. The higher the number produced, the lower the price.

I suspect the selling price for the V4000 will be between $109-$129. Regular V3000 without polartor control is $79.95

The Maybe vote will be counted as potential sale/interest for our own estimates. I should have put this poll in the C-band section. Please let them know about this poll by including a link to this thread.

I have a non-pen mount - hand crank - designed for C band - that might work for KU dish. When I get a chance I will start another thread with picturtes of it and see in "anyone salutes it" as the saying goes.

I was a Maybe vote. I have 12 C-band receivers now so I am not sure what I will use when the time comes...
POP

"if you build it, they will come"

Getting the word out at this point may be difficult.
But... once the unit is in the hands of users, is reviewed favorably, and has some good feedback, the word will spread. :up
And at that point, I believe there may be a steady flow of converts.

So, my expectation is a slow start-up, with a constant sales flow afterwards.
I'm pretty sure it'll be something I'll be recommending to new visitors to this forum.

And since I don't have a feedhorn with a servo, I chose not to vote.
But that is far from a vote of "no confidence" ! :eek:
If a full-on old BUD fell into my hands tomorrow, I might be elbowing my way to the front of the line! :D

Well, as I've been planning to get a 3000 once I finally get my 2 behemoths completed... If the 4000 adds servo control, sign me up for one and a 'maybe' for two.
(I say maybe for two since I can only vote once - and I used it for the Yes)...

I've voted "Maybe". Right now I've got a General Instrument 4DTV receiver Model 920 that does a fine job of moving the dish around and adjusting the polarity. If that receiver was to die I'd have to see what my options were at that time.

i listed as maybe :)

i plan on getting two , just don't know which ones yet i like the idea of the g-box 4000 with the controller

but i could also get just the g-box 3000

kinda depends on availability, my tuning on the big dish / if the bsc621 will function better than it has in the past and maybe buying used or new g-box 3000 right now they are hard to find. so i can go both ways :)

You know what you should look into is a hand crank that works with the small ku dishes.

why bother? the diseqc dish mover motors (SG2100, HH120) are pretty cheap, IMHO, and may already work with the dish they have already, so the person would just buy the motor and install it rather than have to buy a polar mount like setup to put their dish on in order to have a situation for a hand crank.

why bother? the diseqc dish mover motors (SG2100, HH120) are pretty cheap, IMHO, and may already work with the dish they have already, so the person would just buy the motor and install it rather than have to buy a polar mount like setup to put their dish on in order to have a situation for a hand crank.

How about replacing the diseqc type motor only with a hand crank to turn the mount? The point I'm trying to make is quite a few here use fixed dishes but occasionally want to see something else or need a quick bump of the dish such as with 125 firing up and interfering with 123. How hard would it be to replace the motor with a gear and crank and remove the electronics from an existing design? Sometimes the cheap motors fail with the larger dishes this would prevent this as long as you had your wheaties that day :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts