Gen4 Rumors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I did my first installation today. System very easy to set up and installation was very fast from the moment you put the values in the modem till the moment you finish.

Seems to me that this is going to be a really nice experience installing Hughesnet from now on

I agree 100%. It is night & day compared to the current systems. I'm really looking forward to doing them regularly.

I did have 1 snafu today. 1st off all I didn't realize beta customers were also existing customers, that was a pleasant surprise. My customer had an existing pole mount with a spaceway dish. I knew it was going to be tight clearing the house after checking los, but thought it would work. Set everything up & found signal right away, however I wasn't sure where it would top out at. I ended up peaking about 84, scratching my head, I thought it should be higher, so I locked everything down & ran ovt. My numbers weren't even close to the target values. :eek: I ended up moving the dish about 4' from its current location peaking out at 143 & ovt was all green. This area on spaceway the az is 201/el 45.5/tilt 17, gen4 is az 221/el 41/tilt 28. Losing that 5 on the elevation is going to be more challenging, but overall a huge improvement otherwise.

I helped another installer 1 time on a excede system & this new gen4 is definitely going to be easier from an installers standpoint. I'm so glad that hughes didn't rely on the beeping alone to tune a dish like excede does. However I would like the ability to turn that noise off on the dapt, guess it's something I'll learn to live with.

Customers are going to really enjoy the internet a lot better with gen4. I was truly impressed with the performance of the system I installed this afternoon & my customer was also very happy. It is a huge step for hughes in the right direction.

Last edited:
What area are you installing in stardust?

ok you are not too far from me, I been trying to figure out who all is doing beta installs in this area. I'm in W. NC.

I did a beta today, the second one I have installed so far. The systems are far easier to install then the 9000. Wait time for downloading configuration is 1/4th the time. I cannot wait to try the installation after the Oasis app is released.

The best part about the 1000 is the dapt is not a requirement for pointing. I used it on the first install and today I used my laptop connected to a wireless router. There has been a couple of times my dapt has quit on me and I was stranded in the field leaving me no way to do the installation and even having to reschedule and return to sites: missing installs = missing money.

I did a beta today, the second one I have installed so far. The systems are far easier to install then the 9000. Wait time for downloading configuration is 1/4th the time. I cannot wait to try the installation after the Oasis app is released.

The best part about the 1000 is the dapt is not a requirement for pointing. I used it on the first install and today I used my laptop connected to a wireless router. There has been a couple of times my dapt has quit on me and I was stranded in the field leaving me no way to do the installation and even having to reschedule and return to sites: missing installs = missing money.

I completely forgot about that option, that will definitely pull you out of a jam if the dapt quits or is misplaced/lost. I only did 1 spaceway install today & have 3 for tomorrow. After the tease with gen4 it has me dreading the 9000 systems for the foreseeable future.

On a side note for customers not wanting to keep up with their usage with the hughes status meter or from the customer care page. DD-WRT is a 3rd party software that pretty much surpasses most router configurations & can monitor your usage. http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

I attached a screen shot of my last months usage. internet usage.PNG

I completely forgot about that option, that will definitely pull you out of a jam if the dapt quits or is misplaced/lost. I only did 1 spaceway install today & have 3 for tomorrow. After the tease with gen4 it has me dreading the 9000 systems for the foreseeable future.

On a side note for customers not wanting to keep up with their usage with the hughes status meter or from the customer care page. DD-WRT is a 3rd party software that pretty much surpasses most router configurations & can monitor your usage. http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

I attached a screen shot of my last months usage. View attachment 80901

I need to update my DD-WRT firmware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts