General Sports Trivia

Name the former pitcher who served up one of the most famous home runs in MLB history and won the first game for a 1990s expansion team?

I did, back on 4/29.

Charlie Hough - gave up Reggie Jackson's third home run in game 6 of the 1977 World Series, and was the winning pitcher for the Florida Marlins' debut win over the Dodgers in 1993. :)

Going into the 1980 NBA Draft the Celtics had the #1 and #13 overall picks. They traded those two picks to Golden State for the Warriors #3 overall pick and a player on the Warriors roster. Name the two players that went to Boston (player and draft pick) and the two draft picks that went to Golden State in that trade.

I don't know the answer to the whole question, so I am going to go for half of it.

Joe Barry Carroll was one of the players Boston sent to Golden State and the great Robert Parrish was the player the Warriors sent to the Celtics.

I will always remember my late father saying "I bet whoever made that trade for the Warriors is now unemployeed."

I don't know the answer to the whole question, so I am going to go for half of it.

Joe Barry Carroll was one of the players Boston sent to Golden State and the great Robert Parrish was the player the Warriors sent to the Celtics.

I will always remember my late father saying "I bet whoever made that trade for the Warriors is now unemployeed."

Right on, Jim. It was Robert Parish and Kevin McHale (two hall of famers) for Joe Barry Carroll and the immortal Rickey Brown. Talk about a heist!! Being a Boston sports fan, I have seen great trades (like this one) and awful trades (see Sparky Lyle for Danny Cater). My top 5 Boston sports trades:

1. The Parish/McHale heist
2. Celtics get Dennis Johnson from Phoenix for Rick Robey
3. Red Sox get Jason Varitek and Derek Lowe from Seattle for Heathcliff Slocumb
4. Bruins get Jean Ratelle, Brad Park, and Joe Zanussi from the Rangers for Phil Esposito and Carol Vadnais
5. Red Sox get Pedro Martinez from Montreal for Tony Armas, Jr. and Carl Pavano

In 1967, Carl Yastremski came within one vote of being a unanimous M.V.P.

Name the player who got the one other vote for 1967 A.L. MVP.

Who was the first switch hitter to win the All Star game MVP.....
Who were the only Co- MVP's of the All Star game

I'm not sure about the switch hitter, but I remember the Co-MVP's only because their last names sounded alike. It was Bill Madlock and Jon Matlack........I'm not sure about the year, was it 1977?

Speaking of Matlack, he was a part of one of the best rotations (on paper at least) that I can ever remember. It was the Mets in the mid 70's: Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman, Mickey Lolich, and Matlack.

I'm not sure about the switch hitter, but I remember the Co-MVP's only because their last names sounded alike. It was Bill Madlock and Jon Matlack........I'm not sure about the year, was it 1977?

Correct on the co MVP's......Big Mets fan here..That's why I didn't have to look that one up...the year was 1975

Tennis Features

Browns Hire Mangini

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts