Generic tiles question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

odinbear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
central NY
Have applied a "generic" (cf @ c3), now what if I wanted to apply the same generic to g5. Is this possible?

One of the gurus can correct me if I'm wrong on this but I'd say no. You can have one or the other but not both as if it allowed you to set the same tile for two birds, how would it know which cf you wanted to go to when you selected it?

No a generic can only be assigned to one satellite at a time on a 922 or 920. You can move it back and forth as needed though. Only a 905 or if you using a separate mover on the 922 & 920 can it span multiple birds easy.

You would lose your favorites for the CF@g5 if you re-applied it(CF) @g16 right? and vice versa, ?
It'd be nice to know what is able to be found using the generics as it truly is a pain navigating several hundred channels one at a time to "see" what is there. I did find some things to watch on one of the 4 generic combos tvpro suggested in another thread. Never really "knew" how to use this dsr922, I'm seeing now. hehe

I have it easier using a 905; but have put the active ones in my favorites. You have to pair the right one with the sat but it narrows the choices and confusion down. Even made a cheat sheet for the wife to use, otherwise she wouldn't be into generics.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)