Genie and Frozen Picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since ESPN is a "cable channel", I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by it. I've got it now!

Well Im not sure if this is good or bad but all the tests I performed passed. Spoke with DirecTV and they wont send me the HR44. But supposedly a technician will come on Wednesday to do a more thorough check of everything.

Another update for everyone. After the testing, the box finished its reset around 3 Pm watching TV until about 430. Left for dinner, came back at 630, turned on TV, it froze within 10 seconds.

Well Im not sure if this is good or bad but all the tests I performed passed. Spoke with DirecTV and they wont send me the HR44. But supposedly a technician will come on Wednesday to do a more thorough check of everything.
Tell the tech everything you did, pretty much what you reported on here. Babysit them all the way through checking from dish, to seeing what your LOS (Line of Sight) is like for all birds, etc..

How long is the run from where the splitter is with the SWM, to the dish, and from the Splitter & SWM to the receiver in question? Have they try a new SWM, Static block, splitter & SWM, before ruling out the receiver as the issue. Also if they are willing to, have them swap out the LNB, just to make sure that is not the problem. If you are getting strong signals, and it is only certain channels, something is causing the problem, and could just be as simple as a bad splitter, or even the SWM or LNB connection.

What is your reading when you go to Signal meter and pull up SWM power levels, along with the transponder for ESPN. You can download the latest list at http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/200951-transponder-maps-domestic-latinam-data-refresh-116013/

Mines started doing it on ESPN live, HBO recorded, other channels recordings. Doing a double reset now. There are a lot of threads about freezing and pixellation at the other site, so it seems there an issue. Ive seen one comment that it may be fixed on the SW rolling out now, but mine has been flawless for since I got it in late Sept (until now)

Large update for all and definitely appreciate any feedback. On Sunday, I put component cables in the receiver and set the source on the TV to component. Everything had been fine. To do some "testing," I also plugged the HDMi cable back into the receive last night. No issues until today at 6 Pm when I came home, turned on the TV, and the picture was already frozen. I took out the HDMI cable from the receiver, picture frozen. Changed the channel, live TV on for about 20 seconds, then froze again. Reset the box and will see if it freezes even when on component.

I am thinking more and more it is the TV as they replaced the motherboard, which is near where the HDMi inputs are. DirecTV is coming tomorrow to look at all the cable lines, etc.

DirecTV came today and did a complete refresh of everything,. New box (HR44), cables, LNB, HDMI cable, new SWM and new power supply. The technician did not notice anything peculiar when replacing things except for 3 barrels that could have been corrdoed on the inside. So now wait and see mode if this does the trick

I'm confident (fingers crossed) that the new HR44 is going to fix your issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)