Genie client c41 watch and listen to Pandora

Status
Please reply by conversation.

McVey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
How come I can watch TV and listen to Pandora at the same time on my hr24s and my hr34.... but can listen only not watch TV on my c41 when playing Pandora

I think it's because the c41 is a client and does not have an actual tuner in it like the hr24. It only utilizes one tuner of your 34. Plus it's possible that since the 24 has two tuners one is being used to do live tv and the other for pandora. Try to record one program. Fire up pandora. Then change the channel on your hr24. I'm not positive but pretty sure this is what's going on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

twizt3dkitty. Pandora is actually an IPTV app. You have to be able to have Internet connection for the c41 or c31 clients to work. That means that the OP needs the CCK with the Hr34, and that the system is properly configured, due to they have the HR24 in the mix.

twizt3dkitty. Pandora is actually an IPTV app. You have to be able to have Internet connection for the c41 or c31 clients to work. That means that the OP needs the CCK with the Hr34, and that the system is properly configured, due to they have the HR24 in the mix.
broe.. I know how the services work.. but what I don't know if how the client communicates the proper frequencies between the genie and itself. If you reread the OP more closely you will see that it is installed correctly as the service works. what op is asking is why he cannot utilize pandora and watch live tv at the same time on a client. not that the service didn't work on the client. more information is definitely needed to clarify from op. but I am assuming based on how I interpreted his post that it is setup correctly. I still think it's tuner related. similar to how if you have a genie 3 clients and an H2X box for a total of 5 tvs... if the genie and all 3 clients are all turned on.. all 5 tuners are utilized.. if you hit list on the H2X it will error out all the recordings until one of the clients is turned off. A client will only ever utilize one tuner of a genie. an hr24 has two tuners. so in theory this could be the reason. I don't have any clients but I can test on a hr24. I'll reply in a bit as to what I recommended op try since I just got off work.

broe.. I know how the services work.. but what I don't know if how the client communicates the proper frequencies between the genie and itself. If you reread the OP more closely you will see that it is installed correctly as the service works. what op is asking is why he cannot utilize pandora and watch live tv at the same time on a client. not that the service didn't work on the client. more information is definitely needed to clarify from op. but I am assuming based on how I interpreted his post that it is setup correctly. I still think it's tuner related. similar to how if you have a genie 3 clients and an H2X box for a total of 5 tvs... if the genie and all 3 clients are all turned on.. all 5 tuners are utilized.. if you hit list on the H2X it will error out all the recordings until one of the clients is turned off. A client will only ever utilize one tuner of a genie. an hr24 has two tuners. so in theory this could be the reason. I don't have any clients but I can test on a hr24. I'll reply in a bit as to what I recommended op try since I just got off work.

I think its one of the deals with clients. I don't think they're capable of running both at once currently. When they first came out if you remember kitty we was being told that no internet features would be used with the clients, only the genie. Maybe that's why. I don't have clients and refuse to have them.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't think this is anything to do with the client. I am pretty sure neither the HR34 or the HR44 allow you to watch programs and listen to pandora at the same time.

Reactions: Broe67
The mini can do only two things: play a single media stream and display static graphics and text sent to it by the Genie.

Streaming Pandora while watching video from another channel would require that the Genie combine the video and Pandora streams into a single audiovisual stream that the mini could play. The Genie doesn't have that capability.

My point is that the Genie unlike the HR2x series can't do it either, even without a Genie client.

I don't think this is anything to do with the client. I am pretty sure neither the HR34 or the HR44 allow you to watch programs and listen to pandora at the same time.
In the OP, the TS states that they can do Pandora simulcast on the HR34.

He may have stated it, but I just checked and he's wrong, when you select Pandora on the Hr34 the video from the current channel disappears....

I would like to know how he's doing it as well because I cannot listen to Pandora and watch TV simultaneously either

Same here Clownin72. Pandora is an IPTV app, that requires an Internet connection. TV channels are from the Satellite. I really would like to know how the OP is doing it. A little more info would be nice.

I'm able to view channels minus audio an stream pandora at the same time but I don't believe clients can or ever have been able to

Works on the HR2x series but not on the genies. It's always been that way. Nothing to do with the clients.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)