Genie client

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xterra

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
iceland
Anyone here have a c-41 owned client for sale? Every time I call DirecTV about one on eBay they always say it's still leased. I'm not paying 200 bucks + contract.

Anyone here have a c-41 owned client for sale? Every time I call DirecTV about one on eBay they always say it's still leased. I'm not paying 200 bucks + contract.
$200? Solid Signal has them for $100.

Are you planning on leaving in the next two years? If so, keep looking for an owned unit. If not, just get a leased one.

No one likes them, but that's how it's done. If you aren't going anywhere, they don't mean anything.

While things may have been different years ago, the bottom line today is that one cannot have any (as in, any) equipment from DirecTV without also engaging in a contractual agreement.

Therefore, whether you outright own the equipment or not, you will undergo a lease for the first two years of service with DirecTV, assuming one's service started within the past recent several years.

If being under contract is a big deal, there are other service providers out there, but that might come with the cost of lesser picture quality, choices, etc. I don't know specifically -- mileage always varies.

In my case, we'll be up with our two-year Genie contract in a couple of months; awaiting to see DirecTV's alleged streaming services due out later this year before making any other equipment moves. Other providers might also start coming out of the proverbial woodwork by that point.

Just found a genie client on ebay today so I called Access card dept. and they said it was owned. So if I get it I just hook it up and then call Directv and activate it?

You should be able to tell directv you have a smart tv and activate it as an RVU client.

Then you could get one off eBay as they would not need the serial number.

As far as clients activating it had to do with how many are activated in the genie.

It's not Mac or serial number specific even though they collect that info.

C41 is the wireless client. You will need the wireless video bridge for it to work. The c51 is the standard wired client with coax input.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

There is a C51 client, but, as stated above, the clients can be mixed. Only the C61K requires a specific server (HR54) for 4k. The C41 is wired , The C41W is the wireless version. None of the minis require an access card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)