Genie FF and Skip with on Demand TV shows

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Why is it that I cannot FF or Skip with on Demand and old TV shows? Is that "normal"?

If they are shows like NBC shows, then yes you can't skip forward on them.

Silly I know but they got to keep NBC Universal Happy. :D

Noticed that on my friends hr24 as well. i guess it makes sense on network tv.also wondered why there is no option to watch instantly, only record, unlike with dish.

yup the networks wont let you FF through the program
seen that on NBC and CBS (the one ABC show I watch is not in the VOD section)

So you're saying if I DVR a show on NBC I can't skip or ff the show?

If you record the show from your local NBC affiliate on the day/time it aired, you can ffwd or skip ads or other things. The recording also won't expire unless you have things set up to delete the show when the hard drive is full.

If you record it to your genie DVR from the NBC On Demand free service, not only will it be in crap SD and have an expiration date, you won't be able to ffwd through the few ads/promos they inject into the show or skip segments of the show you might have previously watched.

BIG advantage to just recording your NBC shows from your local NBC affiliate rather than just watch it from NBC On Demand.

If you record the show from your local NBC affiliate on the day/time it aired, you can ffwd or skip ads or other things. The recording also won't expire unless you have things set up to delete the show when the hard drive is full.

If you record it to your genie DVR from the NBC On Demand free service, not only will it be in crap SD and have an expiration date, you won't be able to ffwd through the few ads/promos they inject into the show or skip segments of the show you might have previously watched.

BIG advantage to just recording your NBC shows from your local NBC affiliate rather than just watch it from NBC On Demand.

Oh ok. I thought Scott was saying if I record from my local station I wouldn't be able to. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

NBC On Demand is basically like Hulu. You have to watch the commercials to get to see the episode. At least you can scrub forward on Hulu, but you still have to watch the commercials you "skipped". Like others have said, record off your local and you can tap dance all around the other stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.