Genie firmware 0x08c2 Menu shortcuts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I tried calling Veronica but the number is no longer valid. I must have sent her into retirement. :biggrin

I sent an email to the OOTP (Ms. Fillipiak sp?) so I'll see if I get a response.
Yes, Ellen Fitspatrick would be where I would think you would get a response other than a canned one.

Turns out her email account is no longer valid. Then I tried this and keep getting; A problem has been encountered. Your question could not be processed. I even tried a test send and got the same response. They know I'm coming! :biggrin2

Aliens, I remember you dealing with this issue for us last year & I too am surprised that there's still no resolution. During the World Cup I chose to do a season record of the matches & now I'm coming home to 3 or 4 recordings of random matches from all kind of non World Cup tournament like last season English Premier League matches (reruns) & some live club warm up matches. In other words, it's recording anything that says Soccer, yet not all, but randomly. It is recording some matches that I didn't even know was scheduled but most I don't want so although useful for now I'll have to delete that series settings soon so it doesn't conflict with series that are due to start back at the end of summer. It just once again prove to me that it is still hit or miss when it comes to series recording on D*, never had that problem with Dish, Uverse or Comcast. Those 3 I regard as inferior service to D* so I really am puzzled like you & others here why they can't solve this yet.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Aliens, I remember you dealing with this issue for us last year & I too am surprised that there's still no resolution. During the World Cup I chose to do a season record of the matches & now I'm coming home to 3 or 4 recordings of random matches from all kind of non World Cup tournament like last season English Premier League matches (reruns) & some live club warm up matches. In other words, it's recording anything that says Soccer, yet not all, but randomly. It is recording some matches that I didn't even know was scheduled but most I don't want so although useful for now I'll have to delete that series settings soon so it doesn't conflict with series that are due to start back at the end of summer. It just once again prove to me that it is still hit or miss when it comes to series recording on D*, never had that problem with Dish, Uverse or Comcast. Those 3 I regard as inferior service to D* so I really am puzzled like you & others here why they can't solve this yet.
Hi, dalyew.

Yeah, its football season, so that means I record 3 30-minute shows M-F from my RSN. Should be 15 total timers. Setting those shows for first run, I now have 85 timers for this week. So I'll delete those and go to the guide and select each one individually for each day. I could do a manual timer, but this method is quicker. Even without the OADs, adding recording options would eliminate the need for me to do any of this.

Now there is a new quick way of getting through the menus. Just press Menu key, followed by the number key in the list below.

Menu 0. Settings
Menu 1. Movies
Menu 2. Sports
Menu 3. TV Shows
Menu 4. Smart Search
Menu 5. On Demand
Menu 6. Playlist
Menu 7. Manage Recordings
Menu 8. YouTube
Menu 9. Pandora

Doesn't seem to work for me!

Do you mean a manual timer from the "Manual" in the menu or just hitting "Record" in the guide If you set up a manual recording in the menu. you only have to do it once.

Thank you. Email sent. I also included links to this thread and the one we had last year.

ed.balcerzak@directv.com
Sent you a PM with some additional images that may help prosecute our case.

And while you're having brunch with the SVP of CS ask them why the heck we have to go to the actual DVR just to see what we have scheduled to record? We can initiate a recording via a computer or mobile devices but we can't see what we've set to record once we've done so?! Again, this is something that most other providers have but DIRECTV seems to have a massive blind spot about implementing.

Back to the program info, I think DIRECTV may concentrate too much on including words and terms that can be used in searches instead of adding a few characters of, possibly unsearchable, season/episode data.

Sent you a PM with some additional images that may help prosecute our case.
Thanks. I gave them my number so I'm hoping someone will call.

I felt like joining the conversation over there, but dealing with that one guy (extremely frustrating reading his responses), well, It'd be easier getting through to one of my oak trees than communicating with him. It's better for my mental state of mind that I not join in. :biggrin He prefers a rotary dial phone while everyone else prefers a push button.

Clutter? First Aired: 8/10/2014. Now I've done it. I can't see what I'm typing because there is so much clutter on my screen. ;)

I felt like joining the conversation over there, but dealing with that one guy (extremely frustrating reading his responses), well, It'd be easier getting through to one of my oak trees than communicating with him. It's better for my mental state of mind that I not join in. :biggrin He prefers a rotary dial phone while everyone else prefers a push button.

Clutter? First Aired: 8/10/2014. Now I've done it. I can't see what I'm typing because there is so much clutter on my screen. ;)
Yes indeed! :biggrin:biggrin

Received a call (31 minutes) from Tammy at the OOTP. She has no idea why the OADs are not showing up. She gave several reasons why she thought they were missing, and then I explained why I didn't think that was the case because Dish has them. I told Tammy about my conversations with TMS and how they go about putting the material together. No real resolution there, but she will speak to the engineers to see where they are getting "lost" from the time they leave TMS until the info is put in the guide. I also explained that if we had more recording options (all, new, once, weekly, daily, M-F) like Dish, then the OADs wouldn't be as critical because there would be easy workarounds. She thought the additional options were a great idea and would pass them on to the engineering department. I also requested a 3-hour guide block instead of the current one and a half.

Tammy was great and was very receptive to my suggestions. But nothing is guaranteed. I asked for those options a year ago and here we are. She tried a couple of channels that I knew were missing the OAD and was surprised to see them missing. She had no idea why they were missing, just guesses.

Received a call (31 minutes) from Tammy at the OOTP. She has no idea why the OADs are not showing up. She gave several reasons why she thought they were missing, and then I explained why I didn't think that was the case because Dish has them. I told Tammy about my conversations with TMS and how they go about putting the material together. No real resolution there, but she will speak to the engineers to see where they are getting "lost" from the time they leave TMS until the info is put in the guide. I also explained that if we had more recording options (all, new, once, weekly, daily, M-F) like Dish, then the OADs wouldn't be as critical because there would be easy workarounds. She thought the additional options were a great idea and would pass them on to the engineering department. I also requested a 3-hour guide block instead of the current one and a half.

Tammy was great and was very receptive to my suggestions. But nothing is guaranteed. I asked for those options a year ago and here we are. She tried a couple of channels that I knew were missing the OAD and was surprised to see them missing. She had no idea why they were missing, just guesses.
Was there any discussion about season and episode numbers?

Was there any discussion about season and episode numbers?

Nothing about season. I mentioned episode numbers when I first started talking, but mainly stayed on the OADs. Call her: 1-866-785-5517 X29240 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. 9:15 AM - 7:15 PM EST.

The menu shortcuts don't work for me. I thought it was because I hadn't received the firmware upgrade. I got one a few days ago and the shortcuts still don't work. Do you have to do something to activate the shortcuts?

Nothing about season. I mentioned episode numbers when I first started talking, but mainly stayed on the OADs. Call her: 1-866-785-5517 X29240 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. 9:15 AM - 7:15 PM EST.

This is so annoying! Thanks for joining in the fight to get basic guide data on Directv!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The menu shortcuts don't work for me. I thought it was because I hadn't received the firmware upgrade. I got one a few days ago and the shortcuts still don't work. Do you have to do something to activate the shortcuts?
Do a smart search with keyword MENUSC and that will activate them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts