Genie Go App Being Retired

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
From DIRECTV

The functionality of the DIRECTV GenieGO mobile app for iPhones, Android smartphones and Android tablets has been integrated into the main DIRECTV mobile app, bringing it in line with what was already available for iPad users. This means that users no longer needed the separate GenieGO app in order to use their mobile device as a GenieGO client.

As part of this process, the separate GenieGO app is being sunset as of December 31. The GenieGO app will be removed from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store and will receive no further updates or support.

Thanks for making SatelliteGuys your DIRECTV information Source. :)

Thanks Scott. I don't use my Genie Go much unless I go on a trip, so I easily could have missed this and wondered why it wasn't working some time next year....

From DIRECTV

The functionality of the DIRECTV GenieGO mobile app for iPhones, Android smartphones and Android tablets has been integrated into the main DIRECTV mobile app, bringing it in line with what was already available for iPad users. This means that users no longer needed the separate GenieGO app in order to use their mobile device as a GenieGO client.

As part of this process, the separate GenieGO app is being sunset as of December 31. The GenieGO app will be removed from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store and will receive no further updates or support.

Thanks for making SatelliteGuys your DIRECTV information Source. :)

The problem is the DirecTV Tablet app will NOT use the SDCard ram of my tablet. The Tablet app also is very flakey if you have more than one DVR, the recoding list just will not sort properly. Lastly the Tablet app does NOT have the 30 second skip button like the dedicated GenieGo App.

The DirecTV tablet app is a major step BACKWARDS if you have a GenieGO.

John

The problem is the DirecTV Tablet app will NOT use the SDCard ram of my tablet. The Tablet app also is very flakey if you have more than one DVR, the recoding list just will not sort properly. Lastly the Tablet app does NOT have the 30 second skip button like the dedicated GenieGo App.

The DirecTV tablet app is a major step BACKWARDS if you have a GenieGO.

John
The IOS version of the app stinks also for multiple DVR's.

No no... just the stand alone app. It's capabilities have been integrated into the directv app. So now there is no need to install separate apps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.