Genie (HR34-700) and AM21 issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ely

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
Miami, FL
Hi guys, today DirecTV installed a brand new Genie in my house, (though not the latest model) everything seems to be working fine except for this small issue I'm having:

I have an OFF-AIR antenna, so I have a AM21 OFF-AIR tuner connected to my Genie, for as long as I have had it, probably 2 years already the light in the front AM21 would always turn off whenever I turned off the DVR but now it seems that AM21 is not being turned off (the light in the front stays always ON) I called DirecTV and the CSR told me that is normal, but I really don't think it should be ON all the time, I have tried resetting everything, disconnected from the power supply and reconnect etc, but nothing seems to work, looks like the Genie is not being able to turn OFF the AM21, anyone knows of a way to fix this problem or is this really expected behavior on the AM21 when connected to a Genie?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The AM21 does not power off when hooked to the Genie.....known issue
I've had my Genie for 15 months now and same thing

Thanks Iceberg, I really appreciate your fast reply, I hope DirecTV fixes this with a software update, it's really annoying, I will have to put some tape in there because at night it would be even more annoying lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)