HR34 with out internet connection?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qcjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ohio
Because my wife is moving things in the house the HR34 wont have a connection to the internet. Will this cause a issue?

Thanks jc. When I was first installed the installed said to just hook it up with a cat 5 cable instead of hooking up the wireless. I wish I had pressed him on it now.

alot of installers dont have the wireless on their trucks for some reason, the guy that did mine didnt have any available, luckily as a comcast tech and the former tennants in my apartment having directv, I had a cck (hardwired version) and did all the wiring myself, instant internet.

alot of installers dont have the wireless on their trucks for some reason, the guy that did mine didnt have any available, luckily as a comcast tech and the former tennants in my apartment having directv, I had a cck (hardwired version) and did all the wiring myself, instant internet.

I wish I could get rid of mine! I'm sitting on 9 of them puppies! :D

personally, I would not want my dod running wireless, but thats just me, and im an installer and have the ability to network a home with cat5/6 so I didnt have to worry about it, but I did make sure to have the tech put the hardwired in.

Since we're on the subject..... I changed modem +wireless router to a wireless modem. Everything is connected to my network including my smart BRdvd players but I can't seem to get an internet connection again with my genie. A client is wired to the modem in the same room and I believe my installer wirelessly connected my genie to my samsumg smart BR player. DirectV always displayed on my bluray player under network. After changing out modems I can't seem to get a connection with my genie and of course you can't connect with a client. Any suggestions or should I call my installer back. I don't mind paying... I would just like to be able to do this myself. Thanks for any and all replies.

If you want internet on your HR34 you can plug it into the ethernet, or call DirecTV and ask for a wireless cinema connection kit, I think for Genie customers it is only $25 plus a bit for shipping. If they say $80 talk them down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts