Genie HR44 receiver no longer recognizing AM21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerseyfla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Georgia
Within the last 2 weeks my HR44 Genie stopped recognizing my AM21 Tuner. First I thought it was my antenna, so I bought a new Mohu Leaf Antenna, it wasn't the antenna. Then I bought a new USB cable, not that either. I then noticed that the Antenna setup is no longer in options and the receiver got an update 2 weeks ago. I know Directv stopped supporting the AM21s but is this an issue with anyone else?

When you say, No longer recognizing, are you saying they all worked fine and now your channels don't show up ?

I have this set up and it still shows, so far.

Sorry about not replying for a while. The OTA channels are still on my guide but the signal no longer comes in for any OTA station. It’s definitely not the antenna since I tested it and bought a new antenna on top of it. I also live right outside the city of Dayton and about 15 miles from the transmitters. I just hate having to switch inputs and the AM21 signal transmitted to all of the Genie clients in our house so the channel lineups were awesome! I’m looking at “moving” to Richmond, Indiana (Wayne County) since they get Indy stations and also Dayton stations Significantly Viewed but the only problem I have is losing Blue Jackets games because Indiana is Blackhawks and Blues territory.

I have a HR34 and this happened recently and I tried some troubleshooting; checking the connections and unplugging the AM21 didn't seem to work so I left the AM21 disconnected and then reset the Genie. After booting up and then plugging in the AM21 it worked.

Hope this helps,

Same here for my HR54. I called DirecTV and finally talked to a tech person. He blamed it on many things except DTV. I got mad and started yelling, then hung up. The next day the HR54 recognized the AM21. When I did a search for stations, it only found three. I can receive forty or so OTA stations with my antenna, but only three of them on DTV.

Same here for my HR54. I called DirecTV and finally talked to a tech person. He blamed it on many things except DTV. I got mad and started yelling, then hung up. The next day the HR54 recognized the AM21. When I did a search for stations, it only found three. I can receive forty or so OTA stations with my antenna, but only three of them on DTV.
You will only get the channels in D*s database, the AM21 does not scan.

Yeah I know. DTV had forty stations in their database for Phoenix and Tucson, and I used to get them all. Now they have significantly reduced the database or something else is going on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts