Genie Issues...Would Tivo Help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

co791

Original poster
I have the Genie with 2 clients, as Ive previously posted, clients are unresponsive on a daily basis unless the Genie is rebooted. Im being told that they are working on a software fix.... So I wont hold my breath for that. My question is....Would downgrading to a normal HD Reciever eliminate the issue? And how does TIvo work? Can I add Tivo to eliminate any issues with not being able to record more than 2 programs?
Any help would be appreciated, as I know nothing about Tivo and not much more about DTV, Ive had Cablevision in the past but I refuse to try that new DVR+ service they are shoving down everyones throat. Yes, I called asking what it would take to come back to cable, DVR+ or nothing, no more seperate boxes for Optimum anymore. So Im stuck here...help please, I love the Clarity of DTV, just dont like rebooting a genie daily to watch TV on one of my 2 clients.

The best way to avoid the reboot is to leave the clients on and just turn off the tv. They are working on a fix for the problem.

If I were to change anything it would be to replace the clients with an H25. You still get whole Home, you just don't have the ability to do live DVR on the H25. As an added bonus though the H25 does not use one of the HR34's tuners so you can record up to 4 programs and still have live tv in the 3 rooms. The fun part will be getting Directv to replace the C-31 clients with H25's.

If he were to go back to the HR24's for example, he would have 2 tuners at each TV they are at and 5 from the HR34 at the main TV, this how I would do it from the get go, don't understand the attraction to the H25/C31's.

He could potentially record 9 things at one time .... is that right, seems like a lot ?

If he were to go back to the HR24's for example, he would have 2 tuners at each TV they are at and 5 from the HR34 at the main TV, this how I would do it from the get go, don't understand the attraction to the H25/C31's

Well Directv's free equipment for whole home is the Genie and up to 3 C-31's free. So that is the attraction. Anything else you have to pay for, so an HR34 and two HR24's would cost $400 up front. Even if you try to order the Genie and H25's they want $100 each for the H25's.

I personally have the HR34 and H25's and love it. Record all I want. If I want DVR functions at the H25's I just start recording it at the HR34 and pick it up at the H25. Then I have DVR functions. The clients are nice because they are very small.

Well Directv's free equipment for whole home is the Genie and up to 3 C-31's free. So that is the attraction. Anything else you have to pay for, so an HR34 and two HR24's would cost $400 up front. Even if you try to order the Genie and H25's they want $100 each for the H25's.

I personally have the HR34 and H25's and love it. Record all I want. If I want DVR functions at the H25's I just start recording it at the HR34 and pick it up at the H25. Then I have DVR functions. The clients are nice because they are very small.

Thanks for the info, seeing I don't have any, I didn't know.

Still like the HR24's for this instance, as they are not all tied together ...
If the HR34 should go down ... the whole system is down in this case, right ?

If I have HR24's, the will/can work independent of one another.

Tried leaving the client on, it powers off on its own though, guess I change that in the settings?
So I can get 2 hr25's for 100 each and keep the genie? I like that idea , will they let me do that?

Tried leaving the client on, it powers off on its own though, guess I change that in the settings?
So I can get 2 hr25's for 100 each and keep the genie? I like that idea , will they let me do that?

Theres probably a Power Saver feature turned on that causes it to turn off, that was something they added to the HR24's as well.

You'll have to call D* and ask them about changing to the H25's, only they can tell you.
Btw, note they are H25's not HR 25's.

Last edited:

Telling the C31s to stay on does not solve the issue. I am getting very tired of this.

There's a new firmware release rolling out that is supposed to fix these problems....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts