Genie Mini doesn't show program codes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PROF4NE

Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Livonia, MI
Ok, so I got DirecTV a few weeks back and I was able to program my TV and Soundbar through the on-screen menu in settings. Well, something came about and I had to switch boxes with someone in my house and now I don't even have that option available anymore. I thought maybe I somehow had a different model or software version, but I've checked and all boxes are the exact same. I've tried resetting the box (twice) and even the remote, but still nothing. What gives? I can't stand using multiple remotes. Thanks.

Your initial description is a little vague. I am assuming you swapped the location of a mini with another mini. Is that correct? If so, you can reset the mini to its factory defaults by holding the power on button until the mini resets. Then start your programming all over again. It may be beneficial to reset the remote to defaults also. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT until the light flashes twice, then enter 981. This wil clear all settings in the remote and you can start again with the programming procedure.

WP_20161212_001.jpg

I mean this screen right here. On the other box I had before I had to switch with someone, I had options to select my other devices (such as TV, Audio etc..) to program the remote to. I'm just curious as to why this box does not give me that option.

Edit: Yes, I have tried the code it gives me on the site for my soundbar but it does not work. It's why I'm upset I don't get those options anymore, worked fine that way.

EDIT 2: OK nevermind, I just figured it out and I feel like a complete ass. I THOUGHT I had my remote programmed to my box because....well I mean it was working fine, BUT turns out I kept pressing "Select" instead of "Enter" after each time I programmed the remote. So yea, after I realized that, it gave me options for TV and other devices. Sorry for being a complete idiot. I'm gonna go watch TV with my head down now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbo and raoul5788
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)