Genie/Mini-Genie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackhawks

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Chicago Norh Suburbs
I've been away from DTV for 2.5 years. Any changes in the Genie/Mini-Genie during this time? Should I opt for the Wireless Mini-Genie vs Wired?

Also Installations seem to be backed up in the Chicago Area due to those of us fleeing DISH.

Wired is always better than wireless.If you have more than 2 people in the house, you may want to opt for a DVR rather than a mini. One time I ran out of tuners and even with the Genie, I had to work out record times.
I'm in the western burbs. I hadn't heard about an installation backup. But then, I've always performed my own installations.

I'm in a bit of an opposite stance from most on the forum. I switched from having a Genie and multiple HR24 HD-DVR to using the Genie Mini's and I am satisfied.

Yes they are slightly slower, and yes I can only record 5 things instead of 9. But I much prefer having the access to the to-do list, series list, etc from any room and not managing multiple DVRs.
We occasionally have a conflict, but with 5 recordings it is pretty rare and the bumped one is usually a repeat series in syndication that gets recorded later in the night anyway.

I have a C51 and have been happy with its performance. A few years ago when mini's first came out I bought a C31 and was not satisfied with it (very slow). I returned it after only a couple weeks.

Reactions: Blackhawks
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)