Direct TV locals still on 119?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bkpd66

Original poster
Jul 6, 2016
Bristol, CT
I have been a DTV customer since 2003 and use it strictly in my RV. Using a Winegard Roadtrip Mission, I had no trouble getting SD locals (Hartford CT) with a D-12 receiver. I recently upgraded the receiver to an H-24 and the sat wil not toggle to 119. Programming on 101 is not a problem. Contacted Winegard and they confirmed the sat is working fine. Shouldn't the H-24 stil toggle to 119?
Contacting DTV has been a nightmare, and nobody has been able to resolve my problem. I read somewhere that the locals for the Hartford market have been moved to 103. If this is true, it explains the problem. I assumed the SD was from 119 and the HD came from 103. At this point, I am contemplating switching to Dish since They offer HD off my Winegard dome. DTV does not offer HD from a dome.
Any comments of suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill

When you run satellite setup on the H24 receiver do you have triple sat option selected (I think it will be option 2 or 3 on the menu, can't remember). Avoid anything that is slimline (SL) and make sure the switch option is "multiswitch".

:welcome to Satelliteguys Bkpd66!

Follow jcrandall's advice and you should be good to go!

Wish it was that easy! Set for 3 LNB with multi-switch and still no go. Just had an hour long conversation with Retention Dept. The agent was trying to tell me that I needed sat 103 and 119 in Order to receive locals in SD. I nicely told him that he was incorrect. He could not help me either, just like the last two agents.
Well I still have the D-12 receiver, so I had him deactivate the H-24 and reactivate the D-12. Because of this downgrade to customer owned equipment, I was told that I no longer have a contract. I will be happy to send the H-24 back to DTV and I am now free to cancel anytime without paying the $420.00 ETF for the remaining months left.

Glad to hear you got it straightened out, but it's perplexing why you were having an issue in the first place. Did you check to see if you had signal strength from the 119 satellite when using the H24?

I have been a DTV customer since 2003 and use it strictly in my RV. Using a Winegard Roadtrip Mission, I had no trouble getting SD locals (Hartford CT) with a D-12 receiver. I recently upgraded the receiver to an H-24 and the sat wil not toggle to 119. Programming on 101 is not a problem. Contacted Winegard and they confirmed the sat is working fine. Shouldn't the H-24 stil toggle to 119?
Contacting DTV has been a nightmare, and nobody has been able to resolve my problem. I read somewhere that the locals for the Hartford market have been moved to 103. If this is true, it explains the problem. I assumed the SD was from 119 and the HD came from 103. At this point, I am contemplating switching to Dish since They offer HD off my Winegard dome. DTV does not offer HD from a dome.
Any comments of suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill
They do, but its VERY expensive.

Satellite signal from all transponders On 119 was 0. Jimbo- DTV does offer HD using the Travel'r dish which runs about $1500 bucks. Domes from Winegard only offer SD, where Dish has HD on all their domes. Sounds like DTV is behind in HD technology.

Satellite signal from all transponders On 119 was 0. Jimbo- DTV does offer HD using the Travel'r dish which runs about $1500 bucks. Domes from Winegard only offer SD, where Dish has HD on all their domes. Sounds like DTV is behind in HD technology.
Nope, D* is not behind in dome technology ....
What actually happened is D* decided quite awhile ago to use the KA and the KU spectrum for thier signals, therefore requiring the use of more than 1 LNB, the dome set up has never integrated both LNBs, therefore D* can't give you HD the same way DISH can, dish only uses one of the bands.

I suppose D* could allow someone to make one (dome) for use with both, but I can see it also being very expensive.

Yes, Winegard has had one out for quite awhile now that does both, it's basically a SL3 dish (much smaller version) and it is also automatic. Which at $1500 it should be.

There are others out there that will do it but they go about $3000 and I think they are full motion. (might be KVG or KING).

I would have gotten one of the SL3 versions when they came out but they want to damn much money for them .... if they were reasonable, say $ 800-1000 ... but they are not.
No reason for them to be $ 1000 more than the other ones.

Reactions: hank123
I have run into several of the Winegard self tuning sats. The take a min to tune out but they WILL run a Genie. And I think most of the locals come off the 101.

I have run into several of the Winegard self tuning sats. The take a min to tune out but they WILL run a Genie. And I think most of the locals come off the 101.
That's another issue, where I'm at, we use to be able to get our locals, now we can't as the locals SD are on the 101, but my market has gone to a HD only format, so now the 99 or 103 is required for my locals .... seeing my new dome doesn't do HD, I don't get my locals.
I would have to go back to setting up the tripod and SL3 .... changed ideas recently to save space.

They do, but its VERY expensive.

Yes, an in-motion Satellite Antenna, used by BOATS or RV's that is capable of receiving KA Band (for DirecTV HD Broadcasts) with a SWM LNBF is $7,000 (plus installation).

I got an Intellian I3 Dome for my boat in December last year. I got it installed on my boat this spring. It will do either DirecTV or Dish. The I3 is a 13cm dish and is NOT capable of receiving KA Band.

The I3 out of the box will receive 101 and 119 when it is set for DirecTV. Since my SD locals are on 119, The Antenna's control box will switch back and forth from 119 and 101. When my D12 is switched to a local channel the switch time is roughly 3-4 seconds, it is pretty seamless.

If I wanted to use it with Dish I would need to get a separate box besides the Standard Antenna control box, although if I did get The (MIM) as it is called would be able to receive SD/HD service from either 61.5 and 72, or 119, 110, and 129.

John

Wish it was that easy! Set for 3 LNB with multi-switch and still no go. Just had an hour long conversation with Retention Dept. The agent was trying to tell me that I needed sat 103 and 119 in Order to receive locals in SD. I nicely told him that he was incorrect. He could not help me either, just like the last two agents.
Well I still have the D-12 receiver, so I had him deactivate the H-24 and reactivate the D-12. Because of this downgrade to customer owned equipment, I was told that I no longer have a contract. I will be happy to send the H-24 back to DTV and I am now free to cancel anytime without paying the $420.00 ETF for the remaining months left.

3 LNB is not the same as phase 3 dish.
3 LNB sees only 99-101-103
The phase 3 dish will tune 101-110-119 and will see your SD locals on 119 at least till the SD shutdown in ~ 3 years

Doctor j

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts