Genie mini sync to genie on another account??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
Want to run the big fight this weekend on 3 tv's.. i have my genie and hr24 , if a buddy brings his mini and we sync to my genie will his mini receive the authorization??

No. Maybe you can run component and hdmi cables from the HR24? I'm not sure if that still works.

Unless they've implemented full client tracking on the Genie 1, and the OP has at least one client authorized on his Genie why wouldn't it work doing a replace, and then when done do a replace again with his mini? If no mini's are authorized then the prior answer is correct, can't do it.

When you use a Client (I don't have any), they receive the programming from the Genie, they are assigned to the Genie in the house ...

However, if you deactivate it, you would think that you could move it to another location and re activate it to THAT Genie ....

You can do that with other recvrs, such as HR24's ...

Thats an interesting question, can you do that, its just a slave so it doesn't have the programming assigned to it.

Any you guys know for sure ?

I thought the clients were married to the Genie similarly to the cards.

Reactions: DukeBlue
When you use a Client (I don't have any), they receive the programming from the Genie, they are assigned to the Genie in the house ...

However, if you deactivate it, you would think that you could move it to another location and re activate it to THAT Genie ....

You can do that with other recvrs, such as HR24's ...

Thats an interesting question, can you do that, its just a slave so it doesn't have the programming assigned to it.

Any you guys know for sure ?
I have a HR54 and a C61k and I have tried to remove the client from the HR54. It doesn't work I get a message to call DirecTV to remove a client. The reason I tried to remove the client was because it's on the old 0x08B6 firmware and I wanted the new firmware. When I first added the client to the HR54 it auto checks for the latest client firmware in the stream, tried to find a way to get the update but no luck.

I have a HR54 and a C61k and I have tried to remove the client from the HR54. It doesn't work I get a message to call DirecTV to remove a client. The reason I tried to remove the client was because it's on the old 0x08B6 firmware and I wanted the new firmware. When I first added the client to the HR54 it auto checks for the latest client firmware in the stream, tried to find a way to get the update but no luck.
So you can ADD Clients to your account but can't remove them ?
Is it possible to do ONLINE on D's website ?
Just asking.

I was curious, so I looked at my account ...
Its shows I have a Genie 2 ... isn't the Genie 2 the HS17 ?

I have a HR44 and 3 HR24's

I also looked at what they are offering and they show I can get an HS17 for $399 .

So you can ADD Clients to your account but can't remove them ?
Is it possible to do ONLINE on D's website ?
Just asking.
Not that I've seen online. I only have the one client and had to call in to activate it so I don't know if I get another if I can just add it or will need to call in. I always thought adding any receiver or client requires a call to DirecTV to activate.

Not that I've seen online. I only have the one client and had to call in to activate it so I don't know if I get another if I can just add it or will need to call in. I always thought adding any receiver or client requires a call to DirecTV to activate.
I have added recvrs online without calling in before .... that was more than likely a replacement, but you still go thru the same process.

I also looked at what they are offering and they show I can get an HS17 for $399 .
The way they classify the Genies are HR34 genie 1 gen1, HR44 genie 1 gen2, HR54 genie 1 gen3, HS17 genie 2 gen1

My HR44 is also listed as a Gen 2.

Is that because its technically the 2nd generation of the Genie ? HR34, 44, 54 ... If thats the case they should not call the HS17 a Genie, or at the very least, call it a Genie Server.
I guess, but I thought the HS17 was the Gen 2. What do I know.

Yes, you can't remove a client without calling, but for Genie 1's ( (unless full client tracking has been added there) can do a replace without calling.

Yes, you can't remove a client without calling, but for Genie 1's ( (unless full client tracking has been added there) can do a replace without calling.
So CAN you move a client from say your place to my place without issues (even if it's just temp.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)