Genie Problem-Internet Connected, Network Services Not Working.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

907TECH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
Alaska
I had a brief power hit about 2 seconds, afterward my Genie lost internet connectivity. It sees my Wifi and connects, yet fails the speed test and shows result code 88-262. Reset the modem and receiver a couple times with no luck. I have FTTH, with a 20 mbps package that is normally more than enough speed. All other connected devices work fine. Any ideas? Have not called for support yet.

First, are you sure it's not connected to the internet?

Try hitting the dash button on the Genie remote twice to check. ...

Ignore the internet speedtest results as that feature has been broken ever since DIRECTV updated the Genies to FW ver. 0x13af back around mid-June or so.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo
It connects via Wifi to the router, yet no internet connection. The thread title is not correct. Other devices work fine on Wifi.

Attachments

• 20200730_103722.jpg
    20200730_103722.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 20200730_103623.jpg
    20200730_103623.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 20200730_103532.jpg
    20200730_103532.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 179
It connects via Wifi to the router, yet no internet connection. The thread title is not correct. Other devices work fine on Wifi.
Thats what HoTat2 is saying ...
THAT test your looking at is Not working ...
I would run a system test and then go down to Internet and se what it says there.

Menu/Settings/ Info and Test/ / Genie info

Then scroll down to Internet
Should say Internet : Connected

Yes ethernet and internet both show connected. I am not seeing the on screen message to reconnect like I was before. It would appear every minute or two. I was working with support they may have done something, they saw nothing wrong. On demand is working too.

Yes ethernet and internet both show connected. I am not seeing the on screen message to reconnect like I was before. It would appear every minute or two. I was working with support they may have done something, they saw nothing wrong. On demand is working too.
Ok, so whatever was happening, its not now, so it looks like you are good ... :)
As long as it doesn't come back ...

That issue is with the Speed check, which I never rely on anyways .
If you can open an app, or go to the On Demand and download something you Know the internet is working.
The little wifi signal at the top of the Guide is usually pretty accurate.

Good to go, we rarely use on demand, but the error message was making things unusable kept popping up. It was the worst king of power failure, about 2 seconds long that caused it.

Good to go, we rarely use on demand, but the error message was making things unusable kept popping up. It was the worst king of power failure, about 2 seconds long that caused it.
Just curious, do you have it into a good Surge Protector (or even a battery back up )

It is on an IEPS commercial power filter with surge protection but no UPS. I culled it from equipment removed during a job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)