Genie Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Patrick Smith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Valdosta, GA
I've had my Genie for over a week and it has yet to download the channel logos. I've looked for some info on the system at work but no go. Any ideas?

It can take a couple of days but a week seems too long. Try a double reset - use the red button to reset the Genie, wait for everything to reboot completely until you can watch TV again, then reset a second time. This clears out all the guide and associated data, but it should rebuild over the next 24-48 hours. FYI any recordings you have set up should still record, although they might not appear in your to do or future showing lists.

what software version do you have? press info button and hold until you see the system info menu.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

I'm not familiar with that SW, is it a CE software? I'm on 0x0740 and I see logos on the banner? Is that what you meant to see it in the banner? as is not in the guide. But as the previous poster said do a double reset and let it populate the guide data.

I tried to do a CE download. I didn't think it worked but it may have lol. That could be the issue.

Yes I am talking about the channel logos on the channel banner. Sorry I thought I posted that but then I went back and looked and noticed I didn't.

Hello,
I am getting DTV hooked up this Saturday. I am wanting to know if I am recording a show and my signal goes out for weather issues, will my recording be affected? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
?Thanks.

I'm not familiar with that SW, is it a CE software? I'm on 0x0740 and I see logos on the banner? Is that what you meant to see it in the banner? as is not in the guide. But as the previous poster said do a double reset and let it populate the guide data.

I was on a CE back on 0x0740 and all is well again!! Thanks for the help.

Thats why we say that if anybody wants to join the CE Software testing at DBSTalk, do it at your own risk and read instructions to know what your getting into, But I shouldn't have to tell you that since you work there, but for everybody else who would be interested, as it could carry unexpected bugs especially on high risk.
But I'm glad you logos on the NR.

Hello,
I am getting DTV hooked up this Saturday. I am wanting to know if I am recording a show and my signal goes out for weather issues, will my recording be affected? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
?Thanks.
Yes, you will lose some of the recording.

Thats why we say that if anybody wants to join the CE Software testing at DBSTalk, do it at your own risk and read instructions to know what your getting into, But I shouldn't have to tell you that since you work there, but for everybody else who would be interested, as it could carry unexpected bugs especially on high risk.
But I'm glad you logos on the NR.

I just didn't get any of features that the CE was supposed to have. So I was confused. And I couldn't login to AAC from home to look in to it lol. Thanks for the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)