Genie Upgrade Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

itherrkr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Nampa, ID
I have an install of Genie, SWM, and whatever else scheduled for Wednesday. I am replacing 2 older DVR's and wondering if the installer will be hauling those away, or can I keep them for a week or so, so I can watch my recordings that are on them? Anyone know how DTV handles these situations?

He will most likely be taking them, unless they are HR20s or HR21s, which they generally aren't recovering. Even if they aren't taken, they won't work once deactivated.

when i upgraded to a genie my installer told me he couldnt take my older DVR's (HR22 and HR24). I had to call Directv and ask for a return box and label

I have an install of Genie, SWM, and whatever else scheduled for Wednesday. I am replacing 2 older DVR's and wondering if the installer will be hauling those away, or can I keep them for a week or so, so I can watch my recordings that are on them? Anyone know how DTV handles these situations?

tell the installer to not deactivate them and you'll do it yourself. You will need a connection to the satellite to play back the recordings

Forgot about the activation part. Hmm. They are HR21 and HR22, so maybe he will just leave them. I sure wish they made it easy to transfer that stuff.

He'll be required to take them at this point if he deactivates them. It don't matter if it's an old Hughes box or a new 44, directv is requiring all receivers be returned if the tech deactivates it. However, if you have the tech change the work order to a "tech delivers new" vs "swap replace" you'll be able to keep them but will pay the normal for charge for the extra receivers and also have to be the one to deactivate them and send them back

One more question that is relevant. The DVR I want to keep is an HR22-100. Will the Genie be able to see the programs recorded on this thing through the whole home setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts