two receivers in one room-independent control?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

toog

Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
United States
I have a HR24-100 and a HR24-500 in the same room. My wife and I are recording monsters. The 100 has the conventional double home-run cables and the 500 has a single cable to it. So, of course, on the 100, I can record one thing and watch another, or record two things simultaneously, etc. The 500, only one. Anyway, we all know about how that works. I run all my entertainment stuff through a receiver to the tv, surround sound, etc. The two receivers are hooked up with assignable HDMI inputs.

My question is, how can I independently control the two receivers with the remotes, or one remote? Or do I need a 20 ft HDMI cable and put a receiver on the other side of the room, or, would that even work?

Thanks guys (gals),

G

Easy, either use advanced mode on the receiver/remote to give each receiver it's own IR code set, or just change one of them to RF (assuming you have an RF remote)

I have the first receiver set to rf mode. How would I go about setting the second receiver to also work on rf, independently?

The remote is a rc65rx

Program av1 or av2 device with default IR code 00001:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

Now enter the menu of the second receiver and switch like you did the first.

I have the first receiver set to rf mode. How would I go about setting the second receiver to also work on rf, independently?

The remote is a rc65rx

Make sure you have an R-model remote (RC65R, RC66RX, etc... has to have an R in the model number... there are some others, but for simplicity's sake...)

Menu -> Settings/Help -> Settings -> Remote -> Program Remote -> IR/RF setup

and set it for RF. Every box uses a different RF code, so you'll be fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)