two receivers in one room-independent control?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

toog

Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
United States
I have a HR24-100 and a HR24-500 in the same room. My wife and I are recording monsters. The 100 has the conventional double home-run cables and the 500 has a single cable to it. So, of course, on the 100, I can record one thing and watch another, or record two things simultaneously, etc. The 500, only one. Anyway, we all know about how that works. I run all my entertainment stuff through a receiver to the tv, surround sound, etc. The two receivers are hooked up with assignable HDMI inputs.

My question is, how can I independently control the two receivers with the remotes, or one remote? Or do I need a 20 ft HDMI cable and put a receiver on the other side of the room, or, would that even work?

Thanks guys (gals),

G

Easy, either use advanced mode on the receiver/remote to give each receiver it's own IR code set, or just change one of them to RF (assuming you have an RF remote)

I have the first receiver set to rf mode. How would I go about setting the second receiver to also work on rf, independently?

The remote is a rc65rx

Program av1 or av2 device with default IR code 00001:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

Now enter the menu of the second receiver and switch like you did the first.

I have the first receiver set to rf mode. How would I go about setting the second receiver to also work on rf, independently?

The remote is a rc65rx

Make sure you have an R-model remote (RC65R, RC66RX, etc... has to have an R in the model number... there are some others, but for simplicity's sake...)

Menu -> Settings/Help -> Settings -> Remote -> Program Remote -> IR/RF setup

and set it for RF. Every box uses a different RF code, so you'll be fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)