tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Sorry about another Genie thread.:)
Directv called and asked if I wanted a Genie and a client with a 24 month extension. I just got back 6 weeks ago. I have 2 HR24 and H24. She said I could keep one of the HR24 and replace the other with a HR44 and client replace the H24. And yes I will cancel if the tech has no HR44.

Does the HR44 have composite inputs? I split this to bathroom tv.
Can older remotes work with Genie and client?

HR34 & HR44 both have composite and component outputs, so sharing with the bathroom is fine.
Old remotes will work but only in IR mode. For RF mode you would have to use the RC71/RC72.

You should be able to keep as many of the HR24/H24 as you want with that upgrade.

I would recommend keeping both HR24, or even the HR24/H24 and not getting the client. A H24 will load and play things faster than a client, and has it's own tuner if you want to watch something it won't use one of the 5 from the Genie.

No upgrade requires you to deactivate old equipment, it is entirely optional. They should be able to offer you a added Genie receiver for the same free price as the upgrade, or if not, maybe the can "upgrade" the H24 to HR44.

I would say at this point the odds of getting HR44 is pretty good on a tech visit, they've been the norm for a year or so now.

Reactions: Jimbo
Yes to pretty much all of your questions... as you know I'm sure mirroring will through the "your TV or its cables are not HD screen" and if your OK with having your install rebuilt for a swim 16 I would drop the client and just get a genie to replace the h24.

Removed my post as everybody else answered it!

I agree to keep both HR24 if possible but it will require 4 lines from the dish to demarc if you don't have that already and a SWM16.

I will add though that yes, you are likely to get an HR44 if you do it in the next few weeks, I haven't seen any 34 refurbs come through for a month or so. I'm on the west coast and we are using the C51 as the client which is the same as the C41.

Thanks guys.
Can I run RF remote to a HR24 and Genie with no problem?
Does the Genie need to be internet connected? Currently my HR24 is connected.
Sounds like I need to keep both HR24's and replace H24 with HR44 even though it is used less than others. I would like to read all dvr timers.
I mirror one of the HR24 to two other tvs. Split hdmi to bedroom and composite to bathroom to small tv.

You can't use the same RF remote on both unless you get an HR34. The 24 will only work with an older remote in RF mode and the HR44 genie will only work with a peanut in RF.

Not necessarily, with SWM (the system you will get with the genie if you don't have it already) if one is connected they will all see it.

You can always move the HR24 to where the H24 is and have the HR44 in the most used location which is what I would do. Most techs will do this for you too if you ask.

So either you don't have it set to HD or you deal with the banner in the bathroom?

Only 16" in bathroom. Anywhere in there looking at that tv looks like hd. lol

You can't use the same RF remote on both unless you get an HR34.

This is not exactly true but you got the idea... you can never use the same rf remote on two different receivers while in rf mode as rf mode pairs the remote to the receiver itself and it cannot be paired to a second receiver....

The 34 does use the older style remote if you are going for rf.. but that's all

Also to the op.... unless you get a genie and 2 clients the drop both of your existing Dvr you will NOT see all timers collectively in the guide. One Dvr is not currently capable of showing timers from a different dvr. It would be a neat feature for the future... maybe use different colored r's.... but as of now that's not possible unless you have 1 genie and all clients since the clients read the timers off the genie.

So I wouldn't be able to read timers on all dvrs without any clients for which I don't need.
Sounds like all I would be adding is a lot more recording space.m

Can the Genie RF remote be changed to skip from slip?

So I wouldn't be able to read timers on all dvrs without any clients for which I don't need.
Sounds like all I would be adding is a lot more recording space.m

Can the Genie RF remote be changed to skip from slip?
All correct.. that's all you'd get. A total of 9 tuners and your house reinstall due to wiring.. unless u were OK with going to 8 tuners and having one dvr set to single. Keeping in mind you could still record 8 programs at the same time.

I have the whole home DVR system. Would going to the Genie upgrade anything for me? I have to DVR's on the system.
well your new dvr (genie) would have 5 tuners instead of 2, would also gain PIP on the genie and assuming you get an HR44 its much faster, that is about it though.

Reactions: CWO3
Got the HR44 and one client installed today. Really like it. Got to get used to the remote as I've hit record 5 times thinking I hit guide.
How long do features such as VOD, Genie Recommend take to appear?
Install was this morning around 9 this morning. When I hit ESPN VOD in the guide it says currently not available.

Got the HR44 and one client installed today. Really like it. Got to get used to the remote as I've hit record 5 times thinking I hit guide.
How long do features such as VOD, Genie Recommend take to appear?
Install was this morning around 9 this morning. When I hit ESPN VOD in the guide it says currently not available.
Up to 24hrs hit dash and make sure Internet connection was successful

More VOD populating. Decided to go back to the 65 ir remotes where the 44 and client are setup and use the 71 on the splitter in bedroom. Pretty cool able to use ir/rf.
The peanut remote would be ok if the record button were placed differently IMO.
The speed on the 44 is much faster than my Hr24 and it is plenty fast.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts