Genie2 in rv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jakes29

Original poster
Apr 8, 2019
Oklahoma
Do I need a swm switch or splitter for genie2 system? I’m just trying to mimic my home unit in my rv. I have already upgraded the lnb and have tripod for manual aiming. My wife reluctantly switched us from dish at home which is a lot more RV friendly. Thank you fir the assistance!!

since you will need a genie2 and a mini an swm splitter might be a good idea
the genie2 has no video out

:welcome to Satelliteguys Jakes29!

You will need a swm splitter. Go from the dish to the splitter, then one leg of the splitter to the mini, the other to the Genie. Make sure the Genie is on the power passing port of the splitter. Just to be sure, you have an HS17 Genie, yes?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Jakes29!

You will need a swm splitter. Go from the dish to the splitter, then one leg of the splitter to the mini, the other to the Genie. Make sure the Genie is on the power passing port of the splitter. Just to be sure, you have an HS17 Genie, yes?
If his minis are wireless he doesn’t need a splitter. He can go right from the dish to the Genie 2

The really odd thing about D* is they won't allow you to have a 2nd Genie, even if it's Not on the same Network ... such as a Cottage/Vacation home/ RV.

The really odd thing about D* is they won't allow you to have a 2nd Genie, even if it's Not on the same Network ... such as a Cottage/Vacation home/ RV.

because you only supposed to have it in one location
second home would be second account.

Reactions: JSheridan
So ....
He's pulling out his HS17 from home to put in the MH each time he wants to go ?
Sounds like a PITA ...

No much more of a PITA than bringing my old dish receiver which is what I did for the last few years. Just have to plug in a few things. And cheaper than having to add a second account to get a whole other receiver for 6 months of the year

Reactions: comp9
And yes, it’s an HS 17. Planning to do a trial run this week in the driveway. Thanks for the info. I will run straight from dish to genie.

Reactions: comp9
No much more of a PITA than bringing my old dish receiver which is what I did for the last few years. Just have to plug in a few things. And cheaper than having to add a second account to get a whole other receiver for 6 months of the year
Most would have added a recvr that doesn't get used in the home and placed it in the MH and left it.
You can't do that with your current D* set up as it has to be used in the house as well.

You can do what your trying to do, it just seems like something that would become tedious after time ... unless you don't leave often.

Most would have added a recvr that doesn't get used in the home and placed it in the MH and left it.
You can't do that with your current D* set up as it has to be used in the house as well.

You can do what your trying to do, it just seems like something that would become tedious after time ... unless you don't leave often.

Only about once a month between March - October. I don’t mind it.

Now just trying to find a different pipe for my tripod setup. Why can’t the two companies use the same size lol.

Only about once a month between March - October. I don’t mind it.

Now just trying to find a different pipe for my tripod setup. Why can’t the two companies use the same size lol.
They use to both use 1 5/8th, then when the Slimline dishes came out D* went to 2".

How much pipe are you looking for ?
Try a muffler shop or a fence shop if its not too big that your wanting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts