Georgia Wins Little League Title

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Make it three straight Little League World Series championships for the United States. Dalton Carriker homered to right in the bottom of the eighth inning as Warner Robins, Ga., beat Tokyo 3-2 in a thrilling title game on Sunday.

The 12-year-old Carriker raised his arms in celebration after hitting a 2-1 pitch from Japan's Junsho Kiuchi over the right-field stands. "USA! USA!" cried the Georgia-partisan crowd.

Columbus, Ga., won the crown last year, and Ewa Beach, Hawaii, in 2005.

The jubilant kids from Warner Robins hugged Carriker as he reached the plate. A relieved manager Mickey Lay lost his hat after joining his team in celebration following a tense game marked by excellent pitching.

SPORTS - Comcast.net

This is a fell good story.:up:usa

No steroids, bench-clearing brawls,agents , holdouts, players being arrested for whatever, no primadonnas, and other assorted a**holes. Just baseball - gotta love it! The highlight of every summer in my book. I was starting to think I was the only one watching.

No steroids, bench-clearing brawls,agents , holdouts, players being arrested for whatever, no primadonnas, and other assorted a**holes. Just baseball - gotta love it! The highlight of every summer in my book. I was starting to think I was the only one watching.

Didn't get a chance to watch it, took my daughter to Idlewild for a special day out before school begins. But I watched the highlights this morning on Mike & Mike.

I watched the game from the 3rd inning to the end, it was an exciting game to watch.

All of the games were exciting this year (as they are every year), 5 walkoff HR's this year! It's just a joy to watch these kids leave it all between the lines. Baseball as it was meant to be. It's too bad there's only one winner, all though they're all winners in my book! Congratulations to the kids from Georgia.