GeoSat MicroHD, no hdmi ouput

Mike045

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Quebec
This last Saturday I used it to watch and record an opera. Yesterday, when I tried to use it to watch a channel, I had video but no sound at all. Today I changed my hdmi cable to test the connection, and now I have no longer video and sound. Are there are been any report that the hdmi output fails on this model ?

Mike

It may be the receiver, but I have had the hdmi port on a tv go bad and thought it was the receiver till I tried a different one. When researching the issue for a possible solution I found hdmi port failure on tv’s to be about as common as a person catching a cold. That’s why I won’t buy a receiver or tv that doesn’t offer component as well. I have an 11 year old tv that still works well with component.

If you have another device with hdmi output I would try it to confirm whether it is the receiver or tv.

Not heard of any reports that I remember of, but it is certainly possible, that something has came loose on the board. Also Have you tried another TV set to make sure it is the STB?

I should have been clearer, sorry.

The MicroHD is connected to my A/V receiver which is hooked to my plasma TV. Also connected to the A/V receiver, via hdmi cables, a STB from my TV provider (ExpressVu Bell) and a BluRay player. Those are working A1. I tried to use another Hdmi input on my A/V receiver and no change for the MicroHD: no video and sound. I changed, as I told previously, the Hdmi cable, no success. I then connected directly to a Hdmi input on the plasma TV, again no success. I made a cold restart (disconnect and connect the power cable) to the MicroHD, and it seems to boot ok; first a red led, then a steady green one.
For the last hour or so, I have been trying to find my MicroHD box, to use the small cable (component input) but did not find it ... yet.

That is why I suspect the Hdmi connection on the MicroHD.

Mike

It sounds to me like it has to be the MicroHD. I’d try the composite output (A/V) to see if it works at all. If it is working with the composite output about the only thing I can think of that may help is a firmware upgrade. I don’t have a MicroHD so I can’t help with that but I’m sure plenty of folks here can.

If that may help diagnose, I get a blue screen on the TV set.
As for the composite cables, I fear that I have no longer those.:mad:.

Is your TV capable of 1080P? Are you sure you didn't mistakenly change your video resolution from 1080i to 1080p or from 60hz to 50hz as that may cause you to lose video from the HDMI output

It wouldn't be hard to make up a cable for the composite output, if you want to try that I'll figure out the pin-out of the cable for you. If someone on here doesn't already have it figured out and can post it.

Like this cable: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003URFAE6/?tag=satell01-20

41U3y0M8xxL._SX425_.jpg

Note: I don't know if this cable is pinned out the same as the MIcro's, just posted it for reference. I've never had any problems with the HDMI on my Micro either. For $5.99 and free shipping, it might be worth a try and if it wasn't pinned out correctly you could cut it and wire it so it was.

Yesterday I made a hard reset (disconnect and connect the power cord) of my TV and A/V receiver and MicroHD too (once more) and the signal (video and sound) is here again:). So for now, all is working OK.

Meanwhile I will continue searching for my component cable of the MicroHD, just to be sure some other time.

Glad to hear that it came back, and hope it don't go away again. Must of had a hiccup somewhere in code.

Like this cable: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003URFAE6/?tag=satell01-20

41U3y0M8xxL._SX425_.jpg

Note: I don't know if this cable is pinned out the same as the MIcro's, just posted it for reference. I've never had any problems with the HDMI on my Micro either. For $5.99 and free shipping, it might be worth a try and if it wasn't pinned out correctly you could cut it and wire it so it was.
I believe the mini plug is too short on this cable, so it will NOT plug all the way in and will not work. Best to TRY to order one from SatalliteAV. I searched for two weeks and did not find one anywhere else. If I could take pictures and post, I would.

Mine does npt work well in close to heat (like good stereo or hdtv). It is bad in direct sunlight outside also late summer; i have abused mine to no end and it does not take heat well! And you have that problem, like close cabinetry and multi-items in such, which will cause my microHD to stop working, make hdmi funny/black colors, show signal drops, etc. etc. etc. Just like the Kangaroo thing, oh, the joey does this too in tight quarters...

Last edited:
My hdmi has an excellant picture but sound is horrible. I have to use other plugins to watch it. Is this a problem in just a few microhds? I know the hdmi cable is ok but the picture quality drops with other cable, but at least I have sound

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts