Geosat MicroHd

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I checked it at the dish because I was told to check it there in post # 8.

Then also now check it at the receiver inside your house after removing the coax from the back. IF it still checks like that, something is wrong with the receiver. IF it now checks ok there, THEN your coax going to the dish is shorted (or being pulled down) in some way.

View attachment 106300View attachment 106301
Those pics are my best tps in my area. I took the switch out and still nothing.

Picture two is odd in the post, with a good LNB connected the signal bar should show 45 with no Q [as in picture 1] or 90 if it has a Q reading. Picture two shows 0 for signal, something isn't right there. Unless you had no LNB connected when you snapped the picture?

Lnb is connected, she will not show signal or quality on that tp. If I unhook the micro and hook up any of my other 6 receivers, no problems at all.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1429489772.987389.jpg

Lnb is connected, she will not show signal or quality on that tp. If I unhook the micro and hook up any of my other 6 receivers, no problems at all. View attachment 106311

Huh, something definitely wrong. Check the voltage right at the back of the MicroHD like Primestar31 suggested and see what you get.

In this picture of your other receiver you have a switch in there it looks like, is there some sort of switch on the 87W dish? That could be it, you don't have a switch setup in picture two of the other post with the MicroHD.

Just for the hell of it, you could try connecting the MicroHD to the 87W dish and set a switch up for port 1. It looks like you're using a switch on port 1 in that picture of your other receiver.

The 990 LNB doesn't have any built in switch or you don't have a 22 khz switch in there anywhere? One line in the picture of the other receiver shows DP 21, 34, on port 1, think that's a DN 22 khz switch, not sure.

There might be a fault in the coax line going on to your dishes and the MicroHD would be more sensitive to that due to design, and perhaps limiting itself for protection. You can find that out by doing as I said above and now checking voltage at the receiver, since it's not measuring correctly right at the dish.

I do not know if your other receivers have the same protection built in, and they could be "brute-forcing" everything to work even though there could be an issue that only the MicroHD is sensitive to. That makes things more confusing, and you'd naturally assume that everything is fine, when it obviously might not be.

We give suggestions in a certain manner and pattern for a reason. Those instructions should be followed as stated, and then you need to give us feedback as to what happens at that point. Without following directions exactly, and giving that feedback, you make it nearly impossible to help properly.

Right now all things are pointing to a faulty MicroHD receiver... But checking voltage from the back will tell you that 100% in minutes...

Reactions: catamount
I don't have a switch in the pic with no signal because when I took it I had the receiver hooked up straight to make sure it's not a switch problem. I'll check the voltage at the receiver to make sure but when I tested the voltage at the dish today I also put a new piece of coax on the micro and tested that. It was the same 10.8v

I don't have a switch in the pic with no signal because when I took it I had the receiver hooked up straight to make sure it's not a switch problem. I'll check the voltage at the receiver to make sure but when I tested the voltage at the dish today I also put a new piece of coax on the micro and tested that. It was the same 10.8v

Ok, do as Primestar suggested and test voltage right from the back of the receiver, no wires or anything connected. Power down the receiver and then turn it back on first with no wires connected to the LNB port in back in case it is in protection/short mode.

Well, if that is the only setup screen for the microhd, then diseqc 1 has to be enabled. The three ports have to be set for the three satellites.

Edit: Missed some posts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts