Geosat Pro, Micro HD setting Favorites & magnetic pole level

Gray Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
N WV
Subject: Geosat Pro, Micro HD setting Favorites & magnetic pole level.

A. I interpreted manual as setting favorites by pushing favorites and I get “No Fav channels”. What am I missing, presently using pen and paper to record favorites and entering channel?

B. When installing pole for dish do I need a magnetic level or will the bubble level that comes with the Geosat Pro 36” be close enough?

This pole will be used for a Motor when set up!

When installing on temporary J pole I found bubble level could easily cock sideways. When using cement for future use of a motor, I certainly don’t want that.

New to FTA.

Micro Hd with Geosat pro 36” dish.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited:
You have to ADD some channels to a list, before you will have a "Favorites" list. It's been a long time since I did so, and I don't have the manual handy right now but it's quite simple if I remember right.

The bubble level will probably be good enough for now, if you are only aiming at a single satellite. You can buy a post level cheap at a hardware store. It'll have levels on two sides, North-South, East-West

A regular bubble level will do fine. Just be sure to check on several sides. Those magnetic digital levels are cool, but will drive you nuts trying to get it right on. You want it as close as you can get it, but a good eye on a regular level will be good enough.

Welcome to the addiction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)