Geosatpro C2 LNBF, quality of signal lower?

Have you lost signal quality after installing the Geosatpro C2 LNBF?

• Yes, my signal quality went down

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, it did not go down

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other, please comment

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vfrjim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
Rhode Island
I just changed the LNB on my 10' from a Cal Amp to the C2 and have noticed that I lost some quality of signal, from 95 to 81/84 on AMC 11. Is this normal or have I not adjusted it correctly? Have others lost quality when changing from a LNB to this LNBF?

I voted other because man, that is a LOT of hit. LOT of hit.

You would expect to lose a FEW points, but not 15.....I'd make dang sure your install is correct, they are a bear to set up...:)

And if you think THAT's fun, try a C/K-1. No F/D markings....you're on your own, son....LOL :D

I voted other because man, that is a LOT of hit. LOT of hit.

You would expect to lose a FEW points, but not 15.....I'd make dang sure your install is correct, they are a bear to set up...:)

And if you think THAT's fun, try a C/K-1. No F/D markings....you're on your own, son....LOL :D

But, did yours go down when you changed from a standard LNB to the C2?

You are correct, 14 quality points are a lot, but how much is acceptable? or is ANY acceptable?

But, did yours go down when you changed from a standard LNB to the C2?

You are correct, 14 quality points are a lot, but how much is acceptable? or is ANY acceptable?

I never have used a regular old-style mechanical LNB. I have been voltage controlled since I started. On a 10' dish, you should have no trouble. I have a C/K-1 on both of my dishes and have little trouble locking anything I want to. When I used the C2 it was on my 7.5 mesh, and I had trouble locking some HD signals, but once I got the Paraclipse the C2 was fine. I then wanted to consolidate my C and Ku, so I swapped to C/K-1's.

Now that S2 is here, it is harder to lock, and on my Birdview some S2 (well actually only found one so far, but still) will not lock with the C/K-1. Now my Birdview isn't the best setup in the world, it has an aftermarket scalar conversion installed, and I am not at all sure they did it correctly, because I had a LOT of rework to do to get it to work as good as i have it.

I would accept a 2-4 point reduction from the average co-rotor setup with average LNB's. Of course anyone could get PLL LNB's and blow us off the map, but then they would cost 10x what our LNB's cost. :D

I hope that clarified things a bit.:cool:

nope. Going from a 621-2 to the GeoSat gained me some stability on the 6 footer and AMC1 comes in now

on the other one the Stacked LNB was replaced and the C2 gave same results on that one

Of course anyone could get PLL LNB's and blow us off the map, but then they would cost 10x what our LNB's cost.

nah, got a PLL LNB sitting in my toolbox and it did not help me when I purchased it 5 yrs ago, so I went back to the Cal Amp.

My 10' is definitely not in the best of shape so my signals are not as high as they should be but will spend a little more time adjusting the C2 to see if I can get back closer to what I had with my Cal Amp with my corrotor II+.

well, I got around tonight to adjust the C2 and quality rose to 91/92, so only a 3 or 4 point drop of quality on my dsr-922 on AMC-11, not bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.