I have included Screen shots of what I mean

Attachments

• Diseqc Setup 1.jpg
    Diseqc Setup 1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 378
  • Diseqc Setup 2.jpg
    Diseqc Setup 2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 255
Any ideas on how to set this up? Here is another shot of the DiSEqC setup it only shows a 4 port switch but the unit will do DiSEqC 1.1

Attachments

• Snapshot 11.jpg
    Snapshot 11.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 206
Open the DiSEqC 1.1 menu and you will see 16 uncommitted switch selections.

These 16 selections can be used independently or together with the 4 committed DiSEqC 1.0 switch settings for support up to 64 LNBFs.

How do you setup the uncommitted switches? I have a 4 port DiSEqC switch already installed if I install and 8 port DiSEqC swiitch will it detect it on it own?

Do I need to remove the 4 port switch?

Open the DiSEqC 1.1 menu and you will see 16 uncommitted switch selections.

These 16 selections can be used independently or together with the 4 committed DiSEqC 1.0 switch settings for support up to 64 LNBFs.

it depends on two things...the setup and what kind of 8x1 switch you get. There are 2 kinds
-uncommitted
-committed/uncommitted

How many LNB's are you going to use? Are you going up to 8 or more than 8?

Easiest option is an uncommitted switch. Digiwave is one of them and they work the best. You would replace the 4x1 with the 8x1. In the settings leave Diseqc 1.0 alone and set up DIseqc 1.1 as whatever port it is
1,2,3 etc

You can also cascade diseqc switches off of that for more than 8 ports. Here is my review and pictures of it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/110067-digiwave-8x1-uncomitted-switch.html

If you go with an Emp Centauri switch, they work a couple different ways. It will work but the settings are different. The manual has those

I don't plan any more then 8 probably only 6.

What is an uncommitted switch? I never knew there were committed/uncommitted switches

So you set the Diseqc 1.0 to none? Will the receiver automatically detect an uncommitted switch?

I don't plan any more then 8 probably only 6.
then all you need is the uncommitted one

What is an uncommitted switch? I never knew there were committed/uncommitted switches
Diseqc 1.0 switches (the ones most of us have) are committed. These are 2x1 or 4x1 switches

uncommitted/committed (Emp Centauri is example) is a 8x1 or bigger switch that allows you to use one of the following
Diseqc 1.0....ports 1-4 would work
Diseqc 1.1....all ports would work
Diseqc 1.2....you can set the switch up like a motor (if you use fixed dishes)...setup is harder to do

The drawback of the Emp Centauri switches is even if you use Diseqc 1.1 settings it isnt 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc. Its a weird setup like
Committed 1
uncommitted 3
if you wanted to use port 7 as example

The digiwave 8x1 is uncommitted and personally I think its more flexible. These are 8x1 switches. Setup is a breeze. In the receiver select Diseqc 1.1 and under uncommitted just select the port. 1-8. You can also add 4x1 diseqc switches on the ports to have alot more dish setups. You would setup the 4x1 switch like you normally would but you add the uncommitted part too. So if you attached a 4x1 diseqc switch off say port 7 setup would be
committed 1,2,3,4 (depending on port)
uncommitted 7 (all 4 would be set that way)
My review I posted above shows how the settings are

The one drawback of a uncommitted switch is the receiver MUST MUST MUST support Diseqc 1.1 If the receiver doesnt support 1.1 dont buy it. Only port 1 would work
Advantages are easy setup and can cascade switches

The Emp Centauri you can't cascade switches (you can add 22k switches) and if your receiver doesnt have Diseqc 1.1 you can't use it with a motor (only ports 1-4 would work). On the plus side they have a heckuva multitude of switches....from 8x1 all the way up to 17x16 which is misleading as its 8 inputs 16 outputs (you would need dual LNB's)

So you set the Diseqc 1.0 to none?
correct. If it doesnt allow you to turn off Diseqc 1.0 then just set it to port 1....its a moot point what its set to honestly.

Will the receiver automatically detect an uncommitted switch?
you have to set the port on each satellite properly in the setup menu.

Thank you Iceberg... the fog is lifting! I starting to get it.

you have to set the port on each satellite properly in the setup menu.

So when an uncommitted switch is installed the receiver will allow you to set the port to a specific Satellite?

yes

so as example. If I hook my setup this way (example)\
port 1-97
port 2-101
port 3-125
port 4-83
port 5-105
port 6-74
port 7-91
port 8-119

When I go into the satellite setup menu, when I go to AMC4 (101W) setup would be uncommitted 2
When I set up DIsh 119 for NASA, Ion etc it would be uncommitted 8
97W would be uncommitted 1

etc

Just like setting up a normal diseqc switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts