GEOSATpro GS120 With The $69.99 Special Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
A while back one of the members was trying to interface a DiSEqc 1.2 Motorized H-H Motor to the $69.99 Special Dish. He downloaded some pictures of his progress and it seem that the mod was going to work.

I have looked for that thread and cannot find it.

Has anyone have had the success on interfacing those two items?... The GEOSATpro GS120 looks sturdy enough to the handle the job of moving the $69.99 Special dish, I am curious to know if it has been done, and if so is it still being used and working.:)

Thank You.

There is definitely a thread on here where someone tried that, but I can't remember who it was. Seems like they lived in CA.

I do remember that they had it on a patio where it was shielded from wind, and I am almost certain that it had a lot of trouble returning the dish if you got more than 15-20 degrees from apex.

I don't recommend it.

I was just wondering if the modification actaully worked out for him.... The Special dish is very light in comparison to the other type model, but you are right by not recommending it.

I sure would like to find that particular thread, and find out if he was successful and satisfied with the results.... I Will keep looking for that tread.

Thanks.

If the motor is fine, I'd call up SatAV and see if he'll sell you his 1.2m dish to go with it.
And get his PLL Ku LNBF while you're at it.
Much better chance of success. :)

The wind loading on a solid dish that size, regardless of the weight of the actual dish, would tear a small DiSEqC H-H motor to shreds in very little time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts