get around 211k 1tb limit

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Just got the 211k installed, called and activated the dvr function but my hard drive is 1.5tb... receiver says I need max 1tb

anything I can do about this? can I partition the drive on my computer so the primary partition is 1tb?

The limit has just recently been changed to 2TB it could be a software update that may be needed to recognize it, that all depends on when your box is in line for a software update but I could be wrong

receiver told me it is 1tb and couldnt go on, I contacted dish and got a refund for the fee until I can get a small hard drive.

also I will see if the receiver gets an update tonight that allows for more storage.

my hard drive is a wd 1.5tb mybook essential

Currently, the limit for 211/211k/411 is 1TB

VIP DVR's have a 2TB limit

I'm sure the EHD limit will eventually go up, but when that will happen, your guess is as good as mine

I'm glad the rep waived the fee, on top of that he gave me 3 PPV coupons since we spent around 30mins on chat trying to understand each other.

But yeah for now I guess I keep the ehd on the 922, would be nice on the 211 since I could use that receiver to schedule recordings when the 922 is being used but I will get the feature enabled once I can get a small hard drive. maybe 500gb since I could find them around 50-70bucks here in Puerto Rico.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)