Getting 4DTV and HDD200 working again after idle since 2004

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If TDT is 1920 you need a Master reset. The problem is now G1's maps are gone. You can wait it out and hope that we can get some good maps up there again in the future or give up the hobby aspect to watch the X4 programming. This will become more of an issue as time goes on.

If I do a master reset, will I loose the ability to use the tiles to steer the dish to all of the different satellites with an fta receiver? In other words, if I do a master reset, can I use it to watch X4 programming and use it to steer my dish to watch other stuff on a fta receiver?

If you do a master reset your 920 will have just X4. No other sats! If you have the proper X4 tile now you might be able to get it authorized even with a tdt of 1920. I guess you'll have to go through the x4 channels and see if the ones you want are there. So honestly I would try that route first and if you can't authorize it wait for a break through on the 4play software to manually put new maps in after a master reset. Tdt 1920 means your reciever is full.

If TDT is 1920 you need a Master reset. The problem is now G1's maps are gone. You can wait it out and hope that we can get some good maps up there again in the future or give up the hobby aspect to watch the X4 programming. This will become more of an issue as time goes on.

I don't know if this is any possibility....... I see 4096 is on GO as a EMM provider (I thought it disappeared on 12/29). Is there a possiblility of getting maps there?

Actually, I can't get G1 anyway. It is too low in the sky. But, I am getting G0. In fact, right now I can watch G0-101, since Showtime is free this weekend, and that channel is working fine. While I do have an ancient dish mover, that probably works, it does not have polarity adjustment, although I guess I would still have that if I did a master reset and converted my receiver to an X4 only unit. I can get a lock on X4 and W5, but the maps are clearly wrong, since I cannot get X4-216, and the music dmx channels are in the 800 range. I can get W5-216, and it is style, with a very solid signal. I guess I could still use the 4dtv to control polarity and the ancient dish mover to control which dish I am on for a fta receiver, but I would really like to be able to use the 4dtv to control the dish for fta. Is there any way to know if new maps can be obtained from G0? If so, how would I do that? Leave it on, say, G0101 and do a master reset? If I did that, would that totally brick my 4dtv so that I could not even convert it to a X4 package and not be able to use it to steer my dish and control the polarity too?

Wait a minute I just checked something, your right I see the 4096 turned back on in various places G1, C3, G0, W5, X4 I think Motorola is trying to clean house and knock out our receivers. This is not good. To answer your question I can't say the maps are there or not.

Wait a minute I just checked something, your right I see the 4096 turned back on in various places G1, C3, G0, W5, X4 I think Motorola is trying to clean house and knock out our receivers. This is not good. To answer your question I can't say the maps are there or not.

2s1ua9j.jpg

Yep, looks to be. Been watching Showtime all day and no hits though.

Success. I followed the 4 step procedure, and in spite of my TDT being at 1920, I was able to successfully map X4, and subscribe to a package on X4, including the guide. (Actually, I subscribed to the guide, first, just to see if things were working, especially since I can still watch Showtime on G0-101. I do not get the same screens as mentioned above for EMM providers, etc. 6-7-7-8-1 gets messed up with a password request. I have an old 922, so the program sequence may be different. But, it works. And, I can use the system to steer the dish just fine. And, as I mentioned, I am still able to watch G0-101. Also, G4-16 and other (very few) NTSC channels come through just fine.
One important note: When I pushed the power button on the receiver and held it in for 3 seconds as per the instructions, a green light above the DC2 light started to flash. I assume this was when the receiver was downloading the correct map for X4 (it was not correct before). This light continued to flash for about a minute. After I turned the unit on, X4 had DMX music in the 900 channel range, as opposed to the 800 range before I performed step 1 of the 4 step procedure. Also, I did step 1 with my receiver tuned to W5-216 because I could not tune it to X4-216. After step 1, X4-216 was in the map.

So, a big thanks to everyone and I hope this helps some other people. I used Websams for hits.

2s1ua9j.jpg

Yep, looks to be. Been watching Showtime all day and no hits though.

Your showing an image taken from a 905 receiver correct?
If so then this is a different beast altogether and what you see may not be totally correct for the other receivers.
It is possible that your receiver is showing the EMM for a specific channel that is being broadcast.
Does this change when going to W5? or Anik F1?
While I do not own a 905 I have no way of knowing unless someone tries this and reports back.
Showtime could be using the EMM code of 4096 and it would have nothing to do with Motorola sending it out.

If you look at the EMM providers line, there is a 40 also. That is probably the EMM number of Showtimes commercial stream.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts