Getting 95W and 99W but 97W hard to obtain good Quality.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Well so far I have been able to lock on satellites and some with a good quality signal. In the matter of fact from AMC9 @ 83W to Galaxy16 @ 99.2W. The problem that I am encountering is that I am able to lock into Galaxy 19 @ 97W but the quality indicates a percentage of 10% then jumps to a full 100% then back to 10%, and the picture is jumpy, wavy, and pixels. Cannot get a good clear picture at all, this occurs in both the Ku and C channels, is there something that I need to do to correct this problem.

The setup for six foot dish seems to be alright. The Gbox and Actuator are working in unison in moving the dish, it is averaging about 20 counts per 2 degrees of movement. The LNB looks like it is pretty squared mounted on the dish. I am using a C & KU Band LNB, GeoSat pro CK1, standard type with the "Bargain" six foot dish.

I have previously noticed this kind of behavior with the quality signal jumping around like that, when the dish was pointed to a satellite that was close or a neighboring satellite of the one I was searching for, but in this case the signal is locked in the right satellite, Galaxy 19 97W and because the channels that are showing are verified and indeed from Galaxy 19.

Any advise or comments are greatly appreciated.
Thank You as always.

avenger

Thanks Fat Air for the reply. I hope that that is the only problem. Will see and check if I can verify if that is the problem. Might have to go buy me a digital meter to do it. Will report my findings.

avenger

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts