Getting Close...I think

Status
Please reply by conversation.
1.LNB Type ? I know its a universal but 1 or two. When I choose any of the universial choices it blacks out LNB Local-Freq. and 22kHz so I know I cannot change those
Standard setting..NOT Universal

2 DiSEqC? Off,1,2,3,or 4
Depends on what port you plugged the L & C into

3? Skew... I guess I just leave at 45 or - 45..the defaults
Irrelevant…leave as is

4.TP? I have not a clue what that is?????
This is how you peak the dish…If you are aiming for your true south which you say is AMC5 use one of the following (you can scroll through them)
11742 V 11110
12182 H 23000

5. Positioner Setting?? I think this is suppose to be USALS
Right now I’d leave that disable….unless you have to move it to get close to TS.
edit...you're at 78.8 so you should be fine...leave at disable until you aim it first

I must be close to something because my signal is at 70% but nothing on the quality level.....I have not yet peaked it
Strength don’t mean anything. I get 70 with the LNB laying on the ground…it will go up as you get close but quality is what you need

Quote:
2 DiSEqC? Off,1,2,3,or 4
Depends on what port you plugged the L & C into

L port in LMB1 on the switch and the C Port on LNB4So I select DiSEqC to 1 correct?

Lnb Lo

Iceberg said:
as PSB noted...LNB LO for Linear (AMC5) 10750....circular 11250 (DBS slots)

So what you are saying is that I need to find out if the bird is using either Linear or circular and set the LNB settings for each different sat. accordingly?

Where do I find out which bird is using which type?

The circular polarity dbs slots are nimiq 2 (82) and 1 (91), and echostar 7 (119) and 8.6 (110) and 3 (61.5). Those are the ones that jump right out of memory, could be more. Look on http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html, the satellites listed in green are KU satellites, the ones that show polarity as l/r are circular, the ones that list polarity as h/v are linear.

Last edited:
aagggggggggg !!!

After pulling my hair out this weekend wallpapering the master bath I finally had a bit of time today to get my true south bird located. I went to tthe Sadoun site and got the elivation of the dish and set it. according to the site my dish elevation should be 39.3 (Dish is Fortec Star FC-90)and my HH90 motors elevation is my lat. of 35.43. the set up menu on the Pansat 3500 is as follows:
LNB: Standard
LNB Freq: 10750
22khz:eek:ff
DisWqc : off ( I decided to jack in straight to the Invacom Quad C port)
Skew:-45
TP:11742v11.110

I moved the dish slowly to the left and right of the azmuth to AMC5 and could not get any quality signal.

I am not completely sure that my elevation is correct or perhaps my settings. according to SatFinder the elevation of AMC 5 is 48.5.

If I place my 4 foot level on the face of the dish and place my angle finder on it, shouldnt it be at 48.5. I used the gague built in the dish to put in the elevation setting..... I am perplexed....Help

DisWqc : off ( I decided to jack in straight to the Invacom Quad C port)
C means Circular...DBS slots
L means Linear...all the normal FTA stuff

You're plugged int he wrong output there...switcht to the L side (tuirn box off first with switch on back). rest is fine

Yippie I found something !!!!!!

My quality meter is bouncing between 47-64. What should I be seeing ....wow I am excited !!!!!!!!What a rush

No I guess I need to scan the bird so it will load the channels...Right

This is way cool !!!!!!!!

My TV is beeping like Sputnik !!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

if you have a signal, do a blind scan (I assume you're on amc5)

You should get a few channels
11742 V 11110 will have some at home education stuff
12182 H 23000 will have New york net and off track betting

There may be a couple more

Coolio !!

I have AMC 5 stored.

Unfortunatly the Manual that came with the receiver has more instruction on programming the remote than a Sat.

I went into the Antenna setup and changed the positioner setting for AMC 5 to USALS.(entered my log and lat and saved)
I then selected anothere Sat. that I wanted to try and find which is Nahuel1 @ 71.8. I selected the following
LNB:standard
LNB Freq:10750since it is listed as linear
Diseqc on 2 as this is where the L port on the LNB is connected
TP: I am unsure what to put in there as neither of the settings listed before were available. How do I know which ones to use? from Lynsat?
Positioner to USALS and the dish moved. No the issue is there is no siginal quality. Did I skip a step?

nahuel is aimed at Argentina so you probably wont get anything. that satellite you need a Universal LNB to pick up some of it (if you can)

AMC6 is right there too (72.0). there is a church channel that is very strong
I would do a blind scan but if it doesn't work, its at
12144 freq
v polarity
2573 symbol rate

Sweepy, AMC6 is at the same location as Nahuel1 (72.0w actually) and you will probably pick up a religious channel when you scan there. You should at least get something. And sometimes you can find a sports feed or two.

Al

Edit: Oooops, Tony I didn't read your post, sorry I didn't mean to be an echo!

This is perplexing.

This morning I successfully blind scanned Hispasat1, and several other birds. But every time I tried to go to Echo9 or further west I get a message when I tried to move that said "Out of Range"... Whats up with that? I cannot move to ECHO 1,2 or 4 without getting the out of range message....Thoughts?

I am guessing that they are too low on the horizon?

Thoughts

I have the same problem to the east as I get the out of range message when I try and get Atlantic1 and T-12

Are they too low on the horizon for my east coast location?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)