Getting Close...I think

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sweepy1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 4, 2006
Apex NC
Quick Question?

With the Invacom Quad LNBF The installation configurations on the instructions are a little vague to me. One drawing shows an L connection going to the switch then to the reciever and another drawing shows both a C and L coonnection going to the Diseqc switch.

If I installing to my 4 in 1 switch I would only need to connect to one of the "L" connections, is that correct?
Does it matter which one of the L's I use?

Sweepy1 said:
With the Invacom Quad LNBF The installation configurations on the instructions are a little vague to me. One drawing shows an L connection going to the switch then to the reciever and another drawing shows both a C and L coonnection going to the Diseqc switch.

If I installing to my 4 in 1 switch I would only need to connect to one of the "L" connections, is that correct?
Does it matter which one of the L's I use?

Think of it as two devices glued together. each device has a C and L output. You only need one L or C to feed your switch and either one will do.

Sweepy,
Make sure you seal any unused ports so that you dont have problems with water gettting into your LNB.

Way is the best way to seal? also does it matter which ports (LNB1,2,3,4) that I use to connect the L & C ?

Thanks again guys for the quick response. I will pay if forward in the future

I bought this LNB becausue I understand that I would get a better signal, but then what would the second pair of C & L connections be used for?

Sweepy1 said:
I bought this LNB becausue I understand that I would get a better signal, but then what would the second pair of C & L connections be used for?

More receivers!

Sweepy1 said:

I concur about the better signal quality. I noticed it when I replaced my old LNB with it.

You can use the other port to feed a dual tuner rcvr to watch one channel while you are recording another or if you have two rcvr's.

You can plug a multisiwtch on them (DirecTv ones work really good) for more receivers (as noted above)

I have a 4x2 multiswitch on mine to run 2 receivers. Might swap that to a 4x4 to run up to 4 receivers on it :D

Goofed up !!

I guess my head is not on today..Does the switch output( rciever out)then go into the Motor in? If that is the case then my switch will be on the pole.

I thought I did my homework then at the lst minute I upgraded to this LNB sorry for all the basic questions...I feel like a dummy

Sweepy1, you can run 2 cables, #1 going to the motor, then to the switch (in the house or wherever), and #2 going to the switch (wherever), but that takes more cable and also the ports going around the motor will not control the motor. So, if you had the motor on L (linear) and moved to a sat on C (circular) (such as AMC3 to Nimiq1), when you want to go back to an L sat, it wont move. You will have to go into menu and change the port from to one without the motor to the one with the motor to get it to move. If this makes any sense to you, you won't be doing it this way.

Al

Al
I tried that a while back and it was a PITA (the switch before the motor). I had to select a channel that the motor would run (and didnt work), then select ANOTHER channel for the motor to move

Put the switch between the LNB's and motor....works MUCH better

Iceberg said:
Put the switch between the LNB's and motor....works MUCH better
I agree, it took me awhile to figure out why my dish wouldn't move from a DBS bird when I 1st got the QPH 031. I'm slow, but I finally figured it was because there was no message going to the motor. At 1st I thought it was a glitch with the receiver. Like I said, I'm slow, but I catch on.......... once in awhile?

Al

Thanks for all the help so far as I could have never gotten this far without this forum. What a wonderful place !

I have the reciever connected,dish up and pointed to true south which is 189.53. That places me right on AMC5 I believe.

I have Invacom QPH-031's L port in LMB1 on the switch and the C Port on LNB5 on the switch. From there to the motor and motor to the Pansat3500sd.

My question is now concerning the Dish setup on the reciever. I know I need to choose each bird I want and configure the setting of each but that is as far as I can get.

Can someone help me with the below settings.

1.LNB Type ? I know its a universal but 1 or two. When I choose any of the universial choices it blacks out LNB Local-Freq. and 22kHz so I know I cannot change those

2 DiSEqC? Off,1,2,3,or 4

3? Skew... I guess I just leave at 45 or - 45..the defaults

4.TP? I have not a clue what that is?????!sadroll

5. Positioner Setting?? I think this is suppose to be USALS

I must be close to something because my signal is at 70% but nothing on the quality level.....I have not yet peaked it

Oh I am using the HH90 Motor and Captive Works CW-41 switch(DiSEqC)

Thanks and hopefully I will be done soon.....er are we ever really done?

Thanks Again

Michael

THE QPH-031 is a STANDARD LNBF

The L.O. is 10750 for the Linear side and 11250 for the Circular side!

Thanks

What you are saying is that the LNB type be set to standard and the LNB Local-Freq be set to 10750 but I do not see a place to put the 11250 for the Circular side.

What about all the other settings ? leave at defaults?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts