Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
It's getting close to baseball season, today I began debating the $191 MLB renewal package or the MLB.tv package for $120 - which is nice as it is more portable, but the HD won't be as good (my internet connection is only 3mb, which is the best I can get here).

I called directv and explained that I was undecided and considering the options between EI and mlb.tv, confirmed the renewal rate, and was offered $10 for 6 months off the MLB EI package. That gets it to $22/mo, $132 total, and only $12 more than the MLB.tv package.

I was pleased with that and agreed to stay with EI.

While I was on the phone, I asked about sports pack for spring training and was given $5 off that for 6 months. Not sure I'll keep it for six months, but it is a nice add-on for extra innings because you can then get the pre/post game shows. I carry two premiums already, so it is only $5/mo more with that offer.

Lastly, I found MLB Network is going to air over 70 games this March - which is great news. Here is a list for you:
MLB Network Releases Complete 78 Game Spring Training Broadcast Schedule

If you are a Tigers or Cubs fan, check out this attachment with every possible TV or Radio broadcast you can get with Sports Pack in March. Tigers are on 9 times this spring. Cubs are on a whoppin 15 times.

For you fans of other teams, do the same exercise, I checked every teams site for the March schedule and compiled every game for my favorite teams, sports pack will usually get you some extra ones, plus whatever other games you decide to flip on.

Something about spring training always gets me excited, even if you only get to see a few games, it make it feel like winter is vanishing.

What didn't make it feal like winter was vanishing was snow blowing the 4" of very wet/heavy snow from my drive this afternoon, that wasn't good at all.

Attachments

• MLB SPRING.xls
    34.5 KB · Views: 261
Baseball coverage is so different now than it use to be.

When I was much younger I think most of the pre season games were on at least the radio.
Now I see only like 5 games on a local channel and radio coverage is not much better.

Disappointing .....

btw, Jason, because I'm to lazy to look it up, How much is MLBEI this year w/ HD.
Every year I think about it and never seem to do is as I dedicate my money towards the NFL 1st.

It's getting close to baseball season, today I began debating the $191 MLB renewal package or the MLB.tv package for $120 - which is nice as it is more portable, but the HD won't be as good (my internet connection is only 3mb, which is the best I can get here).

I called directv and explained that I was undecided and considering the options between EI and mlb.tv, confirmed the renewal rate, and was offered $10 for 6 months off the MLB EI package. That gets it to $22/mo, $132 total, and only $12 more than the MLB.tv package.

While I was on the phone, I asked about sports pack for spring training and was given $5 off that for 6 months. Not sure I'll keep it for six months, but it is a nice add-on for extra innings because you can then get the pre/post game shows. I carry two premiums already, so it is only $5/mo more with that offer.

Lastly, I found MLB Network is going to air over 70 games this March - which is great news. Here is a list for you:

If you are a Tigers or Cubs fan, check out this attachment with every possible TV or Radio broadcast you can get with Sports Pack in March. Tigers are on 9 times this spring. Cubs are on a whoppin 15 times.

For you fans of other teams, do the same exercise, I checked every teams site for the March schedule and compiled every game for my favorite teams, sports pack will usually get you some extra ones, plus whatever other games you decide to flip on.

Something about spring training always gets me excited, even if you only get to see a few games, it make it feel like winter is vanishing.

What didn't make it feal like winter was vanishing was snow blowing the 4" of very wet/heavy snow from my drive this afternoon, that wasn't good at all.
This is a great deal! I read a few post's over at the other site where people are getting a 75$ credit for mlb.

What number did you call and which department did you talk to?? I called and the CSR was clueless. I knew when he gave me the price to order it.

MLB Network will broadcast 7 Dodgers spring training games. That is OK because 14 Dodgers spring training games are being broadcasted locally and every one of them on MLB Network is also being shown locally.

btw, Jason, because I'm to lazy to look it up, How much is MLBEI this year w/ HD.
Every year I think about it and never seem to do is as I dedicate my money towards the NFL 1st.

$199 for the season, HD is included (doesn't cost extra, they only do that for NFL)

You can do $49.99 for 4 payments, or if you call they will do $33.33 for 6 payments (others have reported).

What number did you call and which department did you talk to?? I called and the CSR was clueless. I knew when he gave me the price to order it.

The CSR will just give the regular pricing. At the automated system I said cancel extra innings. I probably got the premiums save team, but I'm not sure, I was not transfered at all. This is the same group when you call to cancel HBO or any premium type programming now.

I'm sure that their offers are ACCOUNT SPECIFIC, and they will not do the same thing for everyone. As one mentioned above, others got $75 off, I was happy to get $60, that met my need/want/request.

Previous customers probably have more liklihood of getting a deal than a customer adding MLB for the first time, I would guess.

MLB Network will broadcast 7 Dodgers spring training games. That is OK because 14 Dodgers spring training games are being broadcasted locally and every one of them on MLB Network is also being shown locally.

I doubt that many, or even any, are MLB Net produced. They generally use the RSN feed and add their graphics to the bottom. For out-of-market games, however, it is great!

The CSR will just give the regular pricing. At the automated system I said cancel extra innings. I probably got the premiums save team, but I'm not sure, I was not transfered at all. This is the same group when you call to cancel HBO or any premium type programming now.

I'm sure that their offers are ACCOUNT SPECIFIC, and they will not do the same thing for everyone. As one mentioned above, others got $75 off, I was happy to get $60, that met my need/want/request.

Previous customers probably have more liklihood of getting a deal than a customer adding MLB for the first time, I would guess.

I've had EI on and off since 1997 (I cancelled for a couple of years around 2002 or so). I went directly to a CSR so maybe that's the problem. I don't need to get a discount but it would be nice.

Thanks for working so hard to lower your proportional share of programming costs that will no doubt fall on the backs of the rest of us. We all just love cost increases. :up

Thanks for working so hard to lower your proportional share of programming costs that will no doubt fall on the backs of the rest of us. We all just love cost increases. :up
Why don't you call and see if you can get a discount as well?

This is how a free market works, an agreement between seller and buyer on terms that can often be negotiated. I do that with my cell phone, my ISP, my TV provider, and when I purchase items such as cars, and electronics. Does this mean when I get a good deal on a new car or a new TV that I too drive up the cost for everyone else?

Typically the deals are for customers who had MLB EI last year...

On a side note yet another year goes buy and Dish still does not carry EI

Jason a 10 for 6 a Billing agent aka BGI could of added that to retain EI sub. Like I said before every account is different if we have it we will offer what ever billing has available then xfer over to pst if cant save.

I dont think the ivr xfers to PST yet it still a billing xfer to them . But I call the ivr and check .

Yeah but discount on Sports ppv have some leeway.

No you want to talk about the people who are getting

Free HD access
Free DVR fees
Plus free monthly credits

those are the people who drag down the system.

Directv rolled out on new rules on credits.

I am certain that my paying $140 for MLB EI and $5 for sports pack is not going to increase the programming costs for millions of other customers. Lets be real here, they are still making money.

I was truly genuine in my decision process, I was debating between mlb.tv and mlb EI, it is an $80 difference. For $80 I wasn't sure what way I wanted to go. For $20 difference, the decision was much easier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)