Getting DTV, who-what-why-old timer needs advice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Had DTV for almost 20 years, then went to Dish. Dish is now gone after 2 years, could not stand picture quality and want to get DTV through Costco.

I'm actually considering switching from DTV>DISH. Is yer only reason for switching because of PQ?...It appears to me that DISH has a better product than DTV at the moment. I'm looking around hoping to find a reason to stay with DTV but all I've seen is an updated Guide??

I'm actually considering switching from DTV>DISH. Is yer only reason for switching because of PQ?...It appears to me that DISH has a better product than DTV at the moment. I'm looking around hoping to find a reason to stay with DTV but all I've seen is an updated Guide??
My reason for having Directv over Dish is simple, the programming. I can't get the channels I want to watch on Dish, plus the picture quality is a bit better. From what I understand the equipment is better on Dish. I have little experience with Dish equipment though. What good is better equipment if I can't watch what I want to?

Reactions: robjlevin and Jimbo
My reason for having Directv over Dish is simple, the programming. I can't get the channels I want to watch on Dish, plus the picture quality is a bit better. From what I understand the equipment is better on Dish. I have little experience with Dish equipment though. What good is better equipment if I can't watch what I want to?

I kind of agree with yer statement...What Channels R U talking about? I really don't want to switch but ya gotta admit DTV is not keeping up or trying, IMO!
Not trying to start a WAR!!! I'm seriously trying to find a reason not to switch.

I kind of agree with yer statement...What Channels R U talking about? I really don't want to switch but ya gotta admit DTV is not keeping up or trying, IMO!
Not trying to start a WAR!!! I'm seriously trying to find a reason not to switch.
I'm a Yankee fan, so YES not being available on Dish rules them out for me.

I'm a Yankee fan, so YES not being available on Dish rules them out for me.

So am I...I have YES but for some dumb-azz reason they blackout every game here in Lincoln, Nebraska...Called DTV years ago to complain and ask why the BO here in the midwest...Always got lame excuses.

Should be an interesting season with the added Bat in the lineup.

You must have the sports pack. You will get out of market channels like YES, MSG, etc, but not pro sports. You need Extra Innings for that.

Reactions: LQQK

Not keeping up? Even sight unseen, I'll be happy to give Dish a nod as far as equipment goes. But that's where it stops. Programming is inferior, especially for sports and 4K in DTV is getting better and better.

I'm not going anywhere based on equipment. I'll echo what's been pointed out already. The greatest equipment in the world is useless without the programming and picture quality.

I agree with everything posted here so far ....
For me it's Picture Quality #1 and Programming as #1a ...
I'll take D* for my entertainment needs.

What does D followed by a * short for, D T V or D I S H?...Why is it used instead of letters?
The corresponding shorthand for Dish is E*, from when it was Echostar.

Not keeping up? Even sight unseen, I'll be happy to give Dish a nod as far as equipment goes. But that's where it stops. Programming is inferior, especially for sports and 4K in DTV is getting better and better.

I'm not going anywhere based on equipment. I'll echo what's been pointed out already. The greatest equipment in the world is useless without the programming and picture quality.

Is PQ really that noticeable between the two in an actual A VS B comparison?

No comparison to me on my 65" Sony. D* is much better. Much sharper and clearer. The compression artifacts on E*s picture are atrocious.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)