Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
XenForo 1.4 was officially launched last week, and I have been working to get us ready for 1.4.

XenForo has a number of new features including a feature a lot of you have asked for... Online Status Indicators! :D

For more about 1.4 check out https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-4-0-released.82699/

Because 1.4 changes quite a bit in the styles in the background I have been working on the styles so that when we convert over these new features will work. When I do the upgrade later this week, some things may need minor tweaking after the update is done.

I learned doing this that when I setup all the styles I did it wrong... I was supposed make a new style off of the default style and then make any changes I want in that child style. This way when updates happen the Parent style is updated by the upgrade and the changes are handed down to the child style, but it does not harm the settings of the child styles.

I have made some changes to our homepage today in getting ready for this update. Hopefully after the update I can return it to looking like it did before again. But I can't make those changes until the software is updated. :)

I am very happy with the move to this software from our old software, and the nice part is it keeps getting better and better! :)

Thanks for your understanding as we continue to work to make SatelliteGuys better for YOU!

Thanks Scott for all your hard work and keeping us up to date!! :)

The classic "should" work, it just won't have the new features at launch, but I will try to see if I can add the features in when I get time after the upgrade.

Today in getting ready, I will be moving some of the styles to the 1.4 style, so some of you will notice some minor changes. The biggest change that you will see is that the sidebar will move to the LEFT from the RIGHT. The new ui.x 1.4 style allows us to move the bar to the left with the press of a button. The honest reason for moving the bar to the left is because on the old software we had the sidebar on the left and our Google Ad in that left sidebar seen by Unregistered Members was our highest paying ad on the site. With that ad moving to the right in the new software (as we were unable to change it) that same ad slot fell 80%. In addition when we moved to the new software in May a number of you commented you liked the sidebar better on the left.

As I am working on moving the styles to the new 1.4 format there will be settings I need to change for each style so you might see things changing as you are browsing the site. Everything is ok. :)

When I do upgrade the software (which I may do tomorrow morning... it will take less than 5 minutes...) then you will be able to use the new features. :D

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

This sidebar...

sidebar.png

Looking forward to it being moved back to the left side. :thumbup

Reactions: Rey
"Quote" not working. Nothing goes into multi-quote to insert.

Can the NEW tag be made smaller, or lighter blue? It pops, but a little too much perhaps.

Looks like the page up/down issue is fixed, too. I no longer lose a line or two when paging up or down.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Ok found out on the multi quote... its not working as they have redone the quoting system to be able to do this in XenForo 1.4 :)

So it will be fixed when I do the upgrade. :)

Well, gee. Failed to notice that. Here's why.
  1. On FF32 it's already on the left. Right now. Today. Did you upgrade already?
  2. It's only visible on the main forum, not on the thread view.
  3. I normally browse in portrait mode. When you reduce the width of the screen sufficiently, this "sidebar" appears below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)