Getting Ready for XenForo 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just clicked on the "Collapse" button on the Phone Forum,just to see if it would stay collapsed, when I come back later.Anyway,instead of collapsing the forum it took me back to the home page??

The sidebar for "Recent threads", if I'm not mistaken, is normally on the left. Over the past few days, it's been moving to the right, then back, and so on. Scott said he's tweaking things in preparation and this was one of the things he was messing with.

Reactions: TheKrell
I just clicked on the "Collapse" button on the Phone Forum,just to see if it would stay collapsed, when I come back later.Anyway,instead of collapsing the forum it took me back to the home page??
I am seeing the same thing.

They must have changed the way collapse works in 1.4. As it is doing in the in the 1.4 default style as well. I am guessing at the moment it will work again once we do actually upgrade to 1.4. :) If I got time tonight then I will do the upgrade tonight. :)

Scott no option yet to permanently hide a forum from view like in VB?

Scott no option yet to permanently hide a forum from view like in VB?
Unfortunately no. It has something I have requested a few times with no reply.

The one we had in the old software I actually paid someone to write for us. Once he was done with it I let him release it as freeware to all vBulletin sites. But is my understanding he died a few years ago while out riding his bike. :(

The best we have now is Multiview.

The one we had in the old software I actually paid someone to write for us. Once he was done with it I let him release it as freeware to all vBulletin sites. But is my understanding he died a few years ago while out riding his bike. :(

I understand, thank you.

Couldn't figure out multi quote,so this will have to do.
Anyway,darn,hiding the phones was something I was hoping for.:oldfrown

Couldn't figure out multi quote,so this will have to do.
It appears to be disabled at the moment. When it's enabled, it's not hard once you know the steps....
1) Click the "+ multi" link on each message you want to multi-quote (I think that's the term it uses but I didn't memorize it)
2) Click "Post reply" at the bottom of the page
3) A pop-up window will appear with the posts you selected to quote earlier - click "Insert quotes" (you can trim out parts that you don't want)
4) Now you'll be in a normal-looking reply box

With the 1.4 release, these steps will be the same or similar. I think there will simply be an alternative and cleaner method as well.

The "Tools" menu selection is kind of annoying on every post since the only thing in the "Tools" menu is report post.

I like the on-line now feature, but not how it's implemented. Can it be static? It's kind of annoying the way it is now.

Still trying to figure that out... but I just got the quoting working... Highlight the text you want and you can quote it. :D

I mean the green triangle on the upper left corner of the avatar. It was a flashing, increasing circle until a minute ago. Much better!

I mean the green triangle on the upper left corner of the avatar. It was a flashing, increasing circle until a minute ago. Much better!
Yeah I know... I was trying to figure out how to change it instead of the sonar look. :D

Its working but I would like to change it if I can, but that's for another time. :D

On 'New' posts the 'New' banner covers some of the words if they happen to be under it.

Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts