GI 450i remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

esteveW

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Western WA
In my quest for an easy to program analog receiver, (to use with my 4DTV SideCar) I got a GI Innovation 450i. It really seems to have the features I'm looking for. In particular, "EZ Sat Locator". The Super 350i that I have doesn't have that feature.

So far the 450i really seems to be a good receiver. Just setting the Limits, I could see how quickly it locks onto the Sats as the dish travels by.

However, it came without a REMOTE. That was made clear in the ad but I had been able to use the Universal Remote with the 350 and hoped I could with the 450i. It does work with some basic functions but to move the dish I have to go to the front panel of receiver. When working with the menus where it requires use of the up/dn or left/right arrows. Even the front panel arrows won't work. I can't find any method that will work. I found 3 different match codes in the remote but none enables these functions.

I can use the any of the 4DTV remotes I have but, still none of their functions for these "arrow" work either.

I really need to find a 450i REMOTE. Does anyone have one laying around and want to sell it??:confused:

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

I scored one on ebay a while back. When I get home today, I'll see if I still have the info on the reseller.

Well I brought my GI 2730R back to life and find it does the EZ Sat Locater function works great. (the main feature I wanted in the 450i).

The 2730R was originally my first choice for pairing with my 905 sidecar.

Thanks,

Steve

UR74A X-10 for the 450i

Hi esteveW
I had the same problem last year whit a 450i no remote
, them i got a 5in 1 universal learning remote UR74AX-10 that work whit the
450i receiver for under $10.00 , to a ebay search on UR74A X-10 universal
learning remote or get it from eBay Store - The Home Automation Store: X10, X10 Package Deals, X10 Cameras and in the search box type UR74A X-10 good remote for the 450i control everthing you want in the 450i
Good Luck :)

Sorry, I could not retrieve the info on were I got my remote. I see you have another options.
Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts