GI Receiver connected to digital?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BrettBardi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Palmdale, CA
I've seen discussions on connecting the newer digital recievers as a slave to older analog receivers but can you connect the older receivers to use as a slave? I've got 2 older GI receivers that do digicypher 2 and powervu de-encryption. My Kbox and Nfusion HD are connected to 2 different dishs, 6' WSI Polar (DMX-741 C/KU) and a 39" (QPH-031). The 6' is run through a V-box so I don't need the analog to run the dish, but I would like to use the de-encryption capabilities. Is it possible?

It doesn't really answer what I was asking. I don't want to use the GI receiver to move my dish or anything else, only decode the signal. My V-box is already setup with the digital FTA boxes and I just want to slave the GI box to view the DCII and VCII channels. I guess I could run the signal through those boxes inputs from the FTA box output, but not sure about voltages, etc.

BrettBardi said:
It doesn't really answer what I was asking. I don't want to use the GI receiver to move my dish or anything else, only decode the signal. My V-box is already setup with the digital FTA boxes and I just want to slave the GI box to view the DCII and VCII channels. I guess I could run the signal through those boxes inputs from the FTA box output, but not sure about voltages, etc.

why would you want to slave it? why not use a dual lnbf or lnbf/multiswitch?

crackt out,.

I already have the DMX-741 on the 6 ft dish and a QPH-031 on the small dish, both have HD recievers connected to them already and run both of them fine. Just wanted to run the signals through to decode the VCII and DCII. I do still have 2 outputs open on the QPH as it has a 4X1 DISCQ on it and I'm only using #1 & #2 outputs. Just wondering if I can hook it up the same as slaving a digital FTA to an analog, just reversing the setup so the digital boxes control the dish and switching between H & V.

GI receiver connected to the IF loop out with a DC block for analog (VCII and DC2) feeds should work. FTA box selects polarity/band on the DMX-741. An A-B switch could be used to switch the GI between the big dish and small dish receivers Loop Out. This would be
setup so the digital boxes control the dish and switching between H & V.
BTW: might as well trash the dinosaur VCII board. I don't think there's been any ITC VCII for quite some time.(if there's any left at all)[But I may be wrong]

Thanks Fat Air, I'll try it. I have some DC blocks at home and I think I'll hang onto the VCII for a while and see if there is anything that needs it since it still works good. Now I have to go back through the manuals and remember how to program them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)