GI VideoCipher II Super2400R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moesy2k

Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
I just picked up one of these receivers (GI VideoCipher II Super2400R) and I do have the manual for it, also picked up the 2000PS Antenna Positioner Power Supply. Not sure what I'm gonna try and do with it yet, but was wondering what kind of LNB I could use with it. It does do Ku band acording to the manual, aswll has a C/Ku button on the front of the receiver, aswell as a "Digital Audio" stamped on the front. But I guess still analouge video due to the snow.

Out of boredom and curiousity, I did hook it up to one of my dish lnb's but didn't get anything at all except alot of snow. Must be winter on TV ;)

Can you use a starchoice Linear LNB for this kinda thing to get stuff or do I have to get a special lnb (Aside from a Cband Horn and dish).

Can you get C-Band Lnb's in the style of a Ku lnb?

Curious to find out what I can get with this thing with what limited resources I have..

- Mike

You have an analog receiver, which works great for analog feeds on both C & Ku band. You can use it with your existing KU setup. What I would do is “slave” it from an existing DVB box you have. That’s what I do. Use the “loop out” of my Coolsat to an analog box. It gets the same polarity as the Coolsat. Reason I have to do this is because my analog box can’t control polarity in the new LNB’s. If it was an older LNB (with the 3 wire polorotor), then it would work stand alone.

There is sometimes analog feeds on SBS6, AMC2 and G11 but until fall when college football starts back up, they are limited on KU. You might have to program the box for KU since there are different frequencies they use (but they are in 20k steps.)

So its usually (SBS6 is exempt from this)
11720, 11740, 11760, etc
11720 is the same for TP1 & 2 (opposite polarity)
12080 is TP 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)