Give Sonic Tap another listen...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jasondm4

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Houston
I couldn't believe it when I tuned in the Sonic Tap music channels today!

The annoying "pumping" sound to the music is FIXED! The levels all over the place have been RESET so most of the channels are at the same volume!

Apparently, both DirecTV and Sonic Tap got tired of reading the hate emails about the terrible sound quality and got their engineers to work on the problem. Most of the channels now beat any of my local FM stations.

Give it a listen and see if you agree!:)

yep i love them! i really like the 80's station. much more than the 80's station on sirius xm. since the merger a few stations went down the toilet. i like the 70's,80's and 90's stations for sonic tap. and the sound quality is great!

quality is fine, although i hardly even hear anything i want to listen when tuning in. much easier to just hit shuffle on the iPod or PC

Now if they could only get the song/artist/CD information to update when the new song begins (or shortly thereafter), it would be great. I've seen times when 2 minutes into the new song the information still hasn't completely changed.

I just wish if they are going to censor the music, they would at least use radio edit versions instead. I hate trying to listen to a song and the sound goes blank. There are several stations they rate TV-MA and still censor.

Well I can't believe it either - it's actually DECENT now! :eek:
I was working over at another house & turned it on thru an SDTV, just for some background music - I was still dreading the awful pumping sound, which you CAN hear through even a cheap TV. After I listened for awhile though, I started to notice it didn't sound as bad as it used to - maybe just wishful thinking...
So after I got home last night, I tried it through my stereo system, & it actually sounded decent, if not good. Even the Retro Disco channel (which was one of the WORST sounding) didn't seem to have the pumping it once had.

Now as egnlsn said, if they would just get the fricken titles fixed so they actually worked properly, we'd be all set.
And I'm sorry, but there is still NO excuse for D* putting us through all this - this ALL should have been tested & these bugs worked out long BEFORE they switched over for us consumers. :rolleyes:

Now if they could only get the song/artist/CD information to update when the new song begins (or shortly thereafter), it would be great. I've seen times when 2 minutes into the new song the information still hasn't completely changed.
some songs I'll get some random CD Title. Why do I care what album its on? Give me artist/song title first. Worst part is, CD Title is sometimes inaccurate

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts