GIVEAWAY - DMX241 C Band LNBF Giveaway from WS International

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
A friend told me about satellite television and I searched the internet and found the Satellite Guys forum. Purchased a 30" Fortec and motor and have been hooked ever since.

thanks

i got into it looking a old c-band stuff. i first set it up with and old primestar dish and a homemade mount made out of 2 by 4's. been hooked ever since.:D

Here is an interesting story to how I got started in the FTA hobby. My friend plays the ponies and told me about a new horse-betting parlor that opened in NJ. The name of the place is “Favorites”, he took me there to show me the setup. It was amazing it has over a hundred HD TV in the place. No matter were you sit or stand you can watch a horse race.

Well, when we left the place we drove along the side of the building where they had two large white commercial satellite dishes and a couple of KU dishes. I explaining to my friend that the larger dishes were for the C-band and the smaller were for the KU band. He then offers me a free Direct TV dish that his son was going to throw away.

A week later he brings me the dish and I don’t know what to do with it. I Google satellite dish and come across FTA. I become intrigued and order a 90cm motorized system. It takes me over a week to lock in my first signal. When the signal quality meter on the box, showed green and registered a good quality reading I was hooked. I have been tracking and trying to get a KU signal on every satellite I can. I use the small Direct TV dish as a test set up to lock on to single satellites. This is a great hobby.

Last edited:
I had always had an interest in satellite reception but never had the room or money to spend on the old $3000+ cband systems. But I started reading about ku band around 2000 but was not compelled to get a system until I found out my old school was going to start a new basketball network for their games and they would be available on ku satellites. That did it. Bought my first system and have ended up with 2 analogs and 5 digital receivers. Also added an old primestar to my original 90cm. I have had to slow down recently after moving, getting married again and having the best "hobby" of all, chasing my 2 yo daughter.

This lnb would get me started on finally getting into cband.

I came across FTA last fall and got started on my own system in Jan of this year. I like the idea of having FTA around and tell everyone I know about. They always seemed amazed when I tell it only costs for the equipment!.

Thanks for supporting us!

My parents having a system in my youth primed me for the world of satellite, but after everything scrambled in the 80's I largely forgot about it...but after being laid off in 2002, I started looking for ways to cut costs in the household. Since stealing isn't my style, I found Satelliteguys and learned all I could, got bit by the bug, and here I am!

I'd love to win the LNB package, more equipment is always good. :cool:

Thanks for being a Gold Sponsor!

Maybe six or eight years ago, I installed my own DirecTV, and later Dish Network equipment.
There were lots of web sites with technical info, and it seemed an interesting challenge.

That came after deciding that WiFi link to go a couple of miles wasn't really useful.
Yea, that's what I had on my mind at the time! :)

The FTA department of this forum is really first rate.
I've learned lots about C-band reception and equipment. - :up

If you should accidentally pick my post, could you send the prize to MikeInBaja?
He needs the encouragement to go C-band, and this would be just the spark.
Besides, he does a lot for the orphanages in Mexico, and I really support his efforts!
Maybe he'd decide to install C band for them in addition to Ku. :rolleyes:

I got into FTA to get TV out here past the Boontulies. I went with the Glorystar because Christian TV is what we watch most. I have added several dishes to get more statellites but 97W is the one we watch the most. Trying to get C band up as there are at least 3 Stations on C band that we want to get.

In 2005 I was wandering through an electronics surplus store and saw a display of FTA receivers for sale. They had 123W on a TV showing an MLB game. I had an interest in satellite TV back in the early days of BUDs but never really played much with it so I decided to give it a try. After several attempts (first install was also with an SG2100) I found the card on 121W. Then 116.8 and finally 123W and the arc! It has been great ever since that day! A most enjoyable hobby.

Thanks for a great contest and for sponsoring this site........

I found out about this hobby from google,I googled free polish channels and an fta receiver came up,so I went to ebay and found all kinds of stuff so I ordered one and now I couldnt quit If I wanted to.

Thanks for doing the contest

I got into FTA mainly because SkyAngel got out of the satellite business. My brother gave me a DirecPC dish and I started with 123W and the Retro Television network!!

Now I have several dishes on my roof and like "fiddling" and trying new things.

I've wanted to get into C Band stuff but have not yet

I got into FTA last year after finding SatelliteGuys while researching SkyAngel IPTV. The more I read about FTA the more I wanted to get into it. Picked up an unused dish, got a receiver and got started last fall. Now have 3 receivers and a couple extra dishes waiting for mounts! I could use the prize to get started with C-band. Thanks to all the sponsors for their contests!

Had C band for years and as service became harder and harder to get switched to Dish and as the prices got harder and harder to take looked for something else and found FTA. Tring to get an old primestar dish up and working and then I'm going to revisit the old BUD up on the hill. I live in a hole and receive NO OTA even with a 30' tower, amp and motor that was on the house when I bought it.

Thanks for the contest. PICK ME!!!!

I came into this hobby for the numerous news feeds and other fun wild feeds that you occasionally run across. :) I am a major news junkie, so I am right at home in this hobby!

If you should accidentally pick my post, could you send the prize to MikeInBaja?
He needs the encouragement to go C-band, and this would be just the spark.
Besides, he does a lot for the orphanages in Mexico, and I really support his efforts!
Maybe he'd decide to install C band for them in addition to Ku. :rolleyes:

Thanks Anole. That was a completely unexpected jesture, and I appreciate it.

Congrats to PopcornNmore!

PS: Ordered one & it just got here ( since I never win anything):rant: but I'm ready to "play" now - as soon as I figure out how to put this #@%$#&% together!:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)