Glad I took my dish down - FAY - good bye!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, I was going to leave all of my dishes up but then FAY stalled just to the east and it started to blow and rain and rain and blow. The one 80 CM dish I had mounted up high on a poll was starting to move around way to much so I put on my rain coat and took it down in a lull. Later that evening some very strong wind and rain storms hit and I was sure glad I had taken the dish down. I'm very fortunate to be on high ground so I had no problems with flooding; however, lots of people have been hit hard by flooding. Flooding much be one of the worst things to have to live through and I wish the people the best.

All the coverage of the storm and the power outages brought back memories of hurricane Charlie, bam bam out go the lights. That storm hit us hard in central Florida and at the time I had just one small *D dish up and mounted to a very strong poll. After the storm passed and I learned the house was still more or less in one piece and everybody in the neighborhood was ok I fired up the generator and found the dish was still on the bird. Had not moved a bit. Not bad! It took on a 105 MPH wind.

Watching CNN and Fox news coverage of the event from a pitch black heighborhood was one of the most amazing things I remember.

It took over two weeks for the cable to get repaired - I had *D the whole time. Ever since that time I have been a huge fan of satellite TV. I found a spare *D dish and learned how to aim it for a backup. And now I'm playing around with FTA.

Speaking of aiming, looks like it is calm enough and light enough to go and put the dish back up.

Later, DC

no problems with flooding

Hi all, I was going to leave all of my dishes up but then FAY stalled just to the east and it started to blow and rain and rain and blow. The one 80 CM dish I had mounted up high on a poll was starting to move around way to much so I put on my rain coat and took it down in a lull. Later that evening some very strong wind and rain storms hit and I was sure glad I had taken the dish down. I'm very fortunate to be on high ground so I had no problems with flooding; however, lots of people have been hit hard by flooding. Flooding much be one of the worst things to have to live through and I wish the people the best.

All the coverage of the storm and the power outages brought back memories of hurricane Charlie, bam bam out go the lights. That storm hit us hard in central Florida and at the time I had just one small *D dish up and mounted to a very strong poll. After the storm passed and I learned the house was still more or less in one piece and everybody in the neighborhood was ok I fired up the generator and found the dish was still on the bird. Had not moved a bit. Not bad! It took on a 105 MPH wind.

Watching CNN and Fox news coverage of the event from a pitch black heighborhood was one of the most amazing things I remember.

It took over two weeks for the cable to get repaired - I had *D the whole time. Ever since that time I have been a huge fan of satellite TV. I found a spare *D dish and learned how to aim it for a backup. And now I'm playing around with FTA.

Speaking of aiming, looks like it is calm enough and light enough to go and put the dish back up.

Later, DC
Hello Delta Charlie,
Glad to hear that you had no problems with flooding. The good thing is that Fay was never classified as a hurricane. So that being people who did have their homes flooded don't have to pay a steep deductable. I think that they put it as if it was a hurricane the deductable is 10% of the value of the home. Other wise its a $500.00 deductable, or a deductable that you are insured with.
What part of Florida do you live in? I’m over here in Lecanto, Crystal River area. Which is just west of Ocala on HWY. 200.

TOM

:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts